Robbie Williams threatens to sue cancer charity bosses over ad campaignMay 12th, 2009 - 3:28 pm ICT by ANI
London, May 12 (ANI): Singer Robbie Williams has threatened to sue cancer charity bosses who intend to use his look-alike for testicular cancer ad campaign.
National Testicular Cancer Awareness campaign sponsor Marc Gavin revealed that he had earlier approached Williams to join a league of celebrities in an ad to encourage men to get regular check-up for signs of cancer, but he turned down his offer.
Later, when Gavin asked him if he could use his lookalike instead, William’s lawyer sent him a threatening email.
“I’m astonished by the appalling attitude of Robbie’s management company, particular as the campaign is designed to save lives by giving people vital information about Testicular Cancer. We have over 30 other top celebrities taking part and we asked Robbie’s PR if she could ask Robbie if he would give us 15 minutes of his time to take part in the campaign shoot. She said he would not take part,” the Daily Express quoted Gvain as saying.
“So we asked if we could use a lookalike instead. The answer was no to that as well. The next thing we knew we had received an email from Sheridans, Robbie’s solicitors, threatening us with legal action and injunctions to stop us using the lookalike’s image,” Gavin added.
Gavin is currently hunting for other celebrity to replace Williams in the print campaign. (ANI)
- Marijuana causes testicular cancer - Sep 10, 2012
- Robbie Williams opts out of Olympic ceremony - Jul 03, 2012
- Robbie Williams sings on Chatroulette - Jul 19, 2012
- Don't know what the future holds: Yuvraj - Apr 11, 2012
- Taller men at higher risk of testicular cancer - Oct 27, 2010
- Government will help Yuvraj: Sports minister - Feb 06, 2012
- Robbie Williams' life to be turned into West End musical - Jan 26, 2011
- Yuvraj will resume training in 10 weeks: Doctor (Lead) - Feb 06, 2012
- Giftwrapped with love - a health checkup package - Jul 07, 2010
- Cancer survivor to become father with years old sperm - Nov 30, 2010
- Robbie Williams to quit Take That? - Jan 20, 2011
- Robbie Williams plans musical on his life - Jan 27, 2011
- Trouble in Take That? - Jul 18, 2011
- Comic books could educate young men about testicular cancer: Study - Sep 24, 2010
- Yuvraj will emerge stronger: Father - Feb 06, 2012
Tags: 15 minutes, ad campaign, attitude, awareness campaign, cancer awareness, cancer charity, daily express, injunctions, lawyer, lookalike, management company, robbie williams, sheridans, signs of cancer, singer robbie williams, solicitors, testicular cancer, threatening email, top celebrities, vital information