Robbie Williams saved my life: Geri HalliwellMarch 26th, 2010 - 1:15 pm ICT by IANS
London, March 26 (IANS) Former Spice Girl Geri Halliwell says she would have almost died from bulimia, an eating disorder, if singer Robbie Williams had not saved her.
Halliwell also says she was going downhill fast until close friend Williams got her to book into a clinic for treatment, reported mirror.co.uk “I was worried I’d get fat. I would binge and then felt fatter and would make myself sick. It was awful.”
The 37-year-old reveals that Williams helped pull her out of the grip of the disorder.
“Robbie knew about my bulimia and he advised me to get help. He told me to go into rehab and that possibly saved my life. The bulimia would have got worse without it. I will always be grateful to him, always,” she said.
Halliwell overcame bulimia after treatment at Arizona’s Cottonwood Du Tuscon clinic.
- Geri Halliwell owes her life to Robbie Williams - Mar 26, 2010
- Jane Fonda thought she would die of loneliness - Aug 08, 2011
- Traumatic events can trigger eating disorders - Apr 25, 2012
- Halliwell hopes to convince Posh for Olympics gig - Jan 31, 2011
- Spice Girls to auction iconic clothes - Jun 29, 2012
- Brand, Halliwell part ways? - Sep 04, 2012
- Jessie J blown away by Olympic closing ceremony - Aug 14, 2012
- Halliwell's emotional Olympic performance - Aug 21, 2012
- Beckwith is my longest boyfriend: Halliwell - Apr 05, 2010
- Geri Halliwell enjoys designing swimwear - Jan 30, 2011
- Kate Middleton's 'see-through dress drawing global interest at auction' - Mar 13, 2011
- Mel C unaware of Halliwell, Brand affair - Aug 31, 2012
- Halliwell wants 'Spice Girls' reunion at Olympics - Apr 28, 2011
- Mel B wants another 'Spice Girls' reunion - Mar 20, 2011
- Geri Halliwell to tie the knot? - Jan 14, 2010