Robbie Williams opts out of Olympic ceremonyJuly 3rd, 2012 - 2:16 am ICT by IANS
London, July 3 (IANS) Singer Robbie Williams has opted out of the closing ceremony of London Olympics to be with his pregnant wife, who is due to give birth at the same time.
“He was asked to do the closing ceremony but due to the imminent birth of his baby, he couldn’t take part,” mirror.co.uk quoted Williams’ spokesperson as saying.
The 38-year-old singer’s wife Ayda Field is due to give birth in August and although the singer was set to perform, he has not backed out leaving organisers with a scheduling nightmare.
“Robbie quit a few weeks ago. He had been lined up to perform solo material and it was hoped he would sing with Take That,” said a source.
“However, just as rehearsals were kicking off, he said there was an unfortunate clash of dates. It meant organisers had to adjust the entire schedule because Robbie is an extremely high-profile performer and had been given such an important role in the finale.
“A lot of the organisers are now very unhappy. It’s such a huge moment for British music and they thought they had the perfect line-up. Obviously Robbie has to put his family commitments first. It’s just a shame he didn’t realise earlier,” the source added.
- Robbie Williams not bothered over new baby's sex - Apr 01, 2012
- Robbie Williams nervous about parenthood - Sep 06, 2012
- Williams turns to Victoria for advice - Aug 30, 2012
- Robbie Williams sings for wife Ayda Field at wedding ceremony - Aug 10, 2010
- Robbie Williams buys diamond-studded watch for wife - Sep 20, 2011
- Losing baby has been hard for Barlow: Robbie Williams - Sep 14, 2012
- Robbie Williams to marry lover Ayda Field - Aug 06, 2010
- Williams wanted to make sex tape - Sep 07, 2012
- Robbie Williams Gets Married - Aug 09, 2010
- Won't educate daughter in LA: Williams - Sep 11, 2012
- Robbie Williams to wed longtime girlfriend - Aug 06, 2010
- Robbie Williams plans art show - Jan 24, 2012
- Robbie Williams Weds Longtime Girlfriend Ayda Field In A Private Ceremony - Aug 10, 2010
- Robbie Williams to be dad - Mar 30, 2012
- Robbie Williams shares bed with dogs - Jul 16, 2011
Tags: ayda field, british music, clash, closing ceremony, family commitments, finale, high profile, imminent birth, london olympics, nightmare, olympic ceremony, olympics, organisers, perfect line, pregnant wife, rehearsals, robbie williams, singer robbie williams, solo material, spokesperson