Robbie Williams may quit EMI after final albumDecember 18th, 2007 - 6:40 pm ICT by admin
Washington, December 18 (ANI): English singer Robbie Williams may part ways with record label EMI after completing his final studio album, says his manager Tim Clark.
Williams has a four-album deal with the company worth 80 million pounds. His fourth album Let’s Swing Again is scheduled for release in February next year.
Clark says that once the current contract finishes, Williams may decide to walk away from EMI.
Former Beatle Sir Paul McCartney and rock band Radiohead have already separated from the record label in the past two years.
McCartney said last week that his former label had become “really very boring”.
“Everybody at EMI had become a part of the furniture. I’d be a couch; Coldplay are an armchair. And Robbie Williams, I dread to think what he was,” Contactmusic quoted him as saying.
Meanwhile, Williams former band Take That has said that there is no place for him in the group.
“I think, when it comes down to it, he’s just not going to be in the band again,” group member Gary Barlow said in an interview with the Big Issue.
The report comes just days after Williams mother said that he was thinking of joining the band again. (ANI)
- Macca dumps EMI, to release back catalogue via independent label - Apr 22, 2010
- 'Queen' to re-release their albums - Nov 10, 2010
- Williams wants to team up with Barlow - Sep 10, 2012
- Sir Paul McCartney to launch revamped version of Wings album - Sep 17, 2010
- New Take That album coming out next year - May 23, 2012
- Robbie Williams to finally reunite with Take That for charity - Nov 11, 2009
- Joe Walsh and Paul McCartney get standing ovation at the Grammy Awards - Feb 14, 2012
- McCartney to sing at Willaim's wedding? - Jan 06, 2011
- Trouble in Take That? - Jul 18, 2011
- McCartney says death rumours led people to think he was an impostor - Aug 27, 2009
- Fans go mad for Macca's first Brazilian gig in 18 years - Nov 09, 2010
- Take That friends forever: Barlow - Jun 05, 2012
- Piano played by Beatles on sale - Jul 21, 2010
- Queen 'to quit longtime label EMI' - May 12, 2010
- Beatles' Abbey Road studio on sale - Feb 17, 2010
Tags: armchair, band radiohead, beatle, couch, english singer, furniture, gary barlow, group member, joining the band, member gary, paul mccartney, radiohead, record label, robbie williams, rock band, singer robbie williams, sir paul mccartney, swing, tim clark