Rob Lowe or John Stamos may replace Sheen in ‘Two and A Half Men’March 9th, 2011 - 1:35 pm ICT by ANI
New York, March 09 (ANI): The creators of ‘Two and A Half Men’ are reportedly considering ways to keep the ratings winning sitcom alive without Charlie Sheen.
John Stamos was rumored last week to be in negotiations to replace the actor, and now Rob Lowe is reportedly the new favorite to replace television’s highest-paid actor, who was fired by Warner Bros. Television for “moral turpitude,” reports the New York Daily News.
Though creator Chuck Lorre reportedly penned the role of Charlie Harper with Sheen in mind, he has been in talks with the star of “Parks and Recreation” to replace the former CBS show star, TMZ.com reported.
Lowe’s rep refused to comment on the casting rumors while a Warner spokesman told the Daily News that “no decision has been made about the future of the show.”
Lorre and his people reportedly have been brandishing a short list of actors in internal meetings to suggest who could replace Sheen and keep the highest-rated sitcom on television afloat.
John Stamos surfaced as a possible replacement for Sheen earlier this month, though the “Glee” star denied he was joining the CBS show.
“Contrary to the rumors, i am not replacing charlie sheen on two and half men,” he tweeted on Feb. 25, adding, “however, martin sheen has asked me to be his son.”
If neither Lowe nor Stamos is hired, another possibility could be Hugh Laurie, who took aim at the actor on “House”. (ANI)
- Ashton Kutcher to replace Charlie Sheen? - May 13, 2011
- Sheen settles lawsuit with Warner Bros - Sep 27, 2011
- Charlie Sheen to be killed off in TV series - Jun 28, 2011
- 'Two and Half Men' reboot is in the pipeline - Apr 29, 2011
- Chuck Lorre planning new 'Two and a Half Men' without Charlie Sheen - Apr 29, 2011
- Charlie Sheen fired from 'Two And A Half Men' - Mar 08, 2011
- Charlie Sheen files $100m lawsuit against Warner Bros - Mar 11, 2011
- 'Two and Half Men' production halted after Charlie Sheen assails creator - Feb 25, 2011
- Charlie Sheen plans to sue sitcom makers - Mar 01, 2011
- Lowe to replace Sheen in 'Two And A Half Men'? - Mar 10, 2011
- 'Two And a Half Men' may be re-launched sans Sheen - Apr 29, 2011
- CBS boss 'wants to bring Charlie Sheen back on 'Two and a Half Men' - Mar 22, 2011
- Hugh Grant to replace Charlie Sheen? - May 12, 2011
- Upset producer halts Charlie Sheen's TV show - Feb 25, 2011
- Charlie Sheen shopping $10m tell-all book? - Feb 27, 2011
Tags: charlie harper, charlie sheen, chuck lorre, glee, highest paid actor, hugh laurie, internal meetings, john stamos, lowe s, martin sheen, new favorite, new york daily news, parks and recreation, rob lowe, sitcom, tmz, two and a half men, two and half men, warner bros, york daily news