Rob Knox killer convictedMarch 5th, 2009 - 3:51 pm ICT by Amrit Rashmisrisethi
On Wednesday in London court, convicted a 22-year-old man of the frenzied murder of a teenage actor who stars in the latest Harry Potter film.
Earlier Karl Bishop was found guilty of the killing of 18-year-old Rob Knox outside a bar in Sidcup, southeast London, last May but convicted for previous knife crime.
The actor was stabbed after stepping in to protect his younger brother Jamie, who he heard had been threatened by Bishop.
‘Unhappily, his courage and his sense of duty were to cost him his life,’ said prosecutor Brian Altman, calling Bishop a ‘habitual knife carrier’ who thought of stabbing people as an ‘occupational hazard.’ One witness at the trial at London’s Old Bailey described how Bishop’s face was ’screwed up in rage’ as he lashed out with two kitchen knives.
His reaction when he heard Knox had died was ‘yeah, sweet,’ the court was told. Knox had finished filming for his part as student Marcus Belby in ‘Harry Potter And The Half-Blood Prince,’ which is set for release in July.
The jury heard Bishop was furious that the actor, a well-built teenager who played rugby, had confronted him a week before the attack when he went to the same bar aggressively accusing drinkers of stealing his mobile phone.
Bishop is to be sentenced on Thursday, 5 March,2009 and faces life imprisonment.
- Man gets life term for killing Harry Potter actor - Mar 05, 2009
- Harry Potter Actor's Killer Convicted - Mar 05, 2009
- Late 'Harry Potter' star Rob Knox's mom reveals her pride at movie screening - Jul 06, 2009
- Late Harry Potter Actor Rob Knox Will Be Paid Tribute In New Movie's Premiere - Jul 07, 2009
- Man gets 15 months jail for selling Knox autopsy pics - Apr 10, 2010
- Jury to consider verdict on man accused of murdering Harry Potter actor - Mar 02, 2009
- Murdered Harry Potter stars dad brands sons killer spineless scumbag - Mar 08, 2009
- Harry Potter actor Robert Knox stabbed to death in knife attack - May 26, 2008
- Harry Potter actor stabbed to death in bar fight - May 25, 2008
- Somali stabs girlfriend 57 times in Britain - Jun 23, 2012
- Couple gets life term for killing 'witch' teenager - Mar 06, 2012
- Daniel Radcliffe pays tribute to murdered Harry Potter actor Rob Knox - Mar 06, 2009
- I did not kill Kercher: Knox tells court - Oct 03, 2011
- Woman kills daughter's lover for posting topless photos - May 22, 2012
- Number of armed teens doubles in a decade in UK - Mar 20, 2011
Tags: altman, brother jamie, courage, half blood prince, harry potter, harry potter and the half blood, harry potter and the half blood prince, harry potter film, kitchen knives, life imprisonment, london court, occupational hazard, old bailey, potter and the half blood prince, prosecutor, rage, rob knox, sense of duty, sidcup, southeast london