Rob Gillet is a ‘Human doughnut’March 7th, 2012 - 10:16 pm ICT by Aishwarya Bhatt
New York, Mar 7 (THAINDIAN NEWS) A 25-year-old’s craving for food has virtually turned him into a human doughnut. Rob Gillet has eaten so many cookies that they have virtually ballooned him.
Gillet weighs a staggering 35 stone 10 pounds and doctors have warned him that if he does not lose weight, he could lose his life. He stands at 5ft 3in tall but his shape has been deformed by his waist measurement.
Gillet told the Daily Mail that, “My addiction is mostly for sweet stuff, like chocolate, biscuits and cakes. And I quite like a pie, once in a while. I don’t like what I see in the mirror but when I see the food I just want to eat it. And eat, eat, eat.”
He narrated his pain about not being able to live a normal life. He does not have a girlfriend and admitted not having the courage to chat with girls. He has indicated that he wants to lose weight and be able to live a normal life again.
Gillet’s life is chronicled in the Channel 4 show titled Supersize v Superskinny. Dr Christian Jessen is helping Gillet on the show to beat his food addiction. He has so far made some progress in the regard indicating that he has lost his appeal for junk food and is gradually moving to healthy diets.
- 70-day diet of 'biscuits, cakes, fat-laden junk food' to help you lose weight! - Dec 29, 2010
- Britain's fattest woman weighs 254 kg - Feb 16, 2012
- World's favourite snack celebrates 100th birthday - Mar 06, 2012
- Eating junk food as addictive as drugs - Oct 01, 2010
- Exercising and still overweight? Don't gorge on carbs - Apr 09, 2010
- Your popular snack could be making you ill: Study - Mar 30, 2012
- Drew Carey and his weight loss on GMA - Aug 06, 2010
- World's heaviest man loses 127 kg following gastric bypass surgery - Jan 03, 2011
- World's heaviest man loses 20 kg following gastric bypass surgery - Jan 03, 2011
- We tend to eat more after seeing overweight people: Study - Apr 20, 2011
- Mark Haub's twinkies diet amazes with the results - Nov 09, 2010
- This British chef pairs gourmet food with health, nutrition (Feature with pics) - Mar 25, 2012
- Hemsworth loves risking life - Aug 03, 2012
- Want a flat tummy? Don't rely on low fat foods! - Jan 17, 2011
- Malaria-stricken Cheryl Cole advised to cut junk food - Jul 15, 2010
Tags: cakes, channel 4, chocolate biscuits, courage, daily mail, doctors, doughnut, food addiction, gillet, girlfriend, girls, healthy diets, jessen, junk food, mirror, regard, shape, sweet stuff, waist measurement