Riya Sen refuses to shoot item songOctober 17th, 2011 - 3:55 pm ICT by IANS
Mumbai, Oct 17 (IANS) Riya Sen played quite a spilsport on the sets of new director Ishraq Shah’s “Ek Bura Aadmi” when she not only refused to shoot an item song with Arunoday Singh, but also refrained from interacting with the media invited to cover the shooting.
It was a nightmare, says the director. Riya says this is all a publicity gimmick.
Shah recalled: “Riya Sen had signed on to do an item song . We had recorded a really zingy song ‘Uchal gayee chamiya kunwaron ke beech mein’. Jayesh Pradhan who did the choreography in ‘Aarakashan’ was supposed to choreograph Riya’s number. Everything was finalised, But then…
“She claimed she was unwell and could not rehearse for the item song. Then she showed up for just one shot. I agreed since Arunoday had to leave (for a family event in the US). But then she refused to talk to the media.”
The director was left nervous.
“I’m a new director. This is all very new and embarrassing for me. My producer has suffered losses of at least 70-80 lakh because of this. I don’t know how I will shoot the song now.
“Arunoday has gone for a month. When he returns he immediately starts shooting for Madhur Bhandarkar’s ‘Heroine’. My mentor Gulzar saab had worked with the great Suchitra Sen. Look at what I had to go through on my birthday with her granddaughter!” added Shah.
An upset and ill Riya had another story to tell.
“This is all a publicity gimmick, as far as I can see. Ishraq Shah is a new director. I helped him out by agreeing to do the song. Besides, I thought the song was nice and I could use it in my shows.
“According to the contract, we were supposed to shoot on 4th and 5th October. He requested me to come for the shoot on the 3rd because he said Arunoday was leaving the same night for the US. I agreed out of kindness, although I’ve been unwell. But at the shoot there was pure chaos.
“There was a very strange set of media persons at the shoot whom I had never seen before. They kept coming in front of the camera while we were shooting. The director asked me to speak to the media. I refused.
“Please understand I wasn’t even supposed to shoot on Monday. Is this what I get for my kindness? Why use my name for publicity?”
Riya is also upset with veteran actor-filmmaker Dev Anand for allegating against her on her latecoming ways for his film “Chargesheet”.
“We recently had Dev Anand being quoted against me. I shot for his ‘Chargesheet’ three years ago. If he had a problem with me, why didn’t he speak earlier? Why at the time of release?”
Last heard, Riya’s mother Moon Moon Sen was trying for a patch up between her daughter and the director of “Ek Bura Aadmi”.
- A 'hatke' film can not always be good: Arunoday Singh - Jun 07, 2011
- Angira Dhar, new face to join Bollywood - Jun 06, 2011
- Raveena set for dance number in 'Bbuddah...'(Movie Snippets) - Jun 08, 2011
- Veena, Riya may team for item number in 'Zindagi 50-50' - Jan 10, 2012
- TV going downhill for a decade: Kitu Gidwani (Interview) - Jun 08, 2011
- Warner Bros. to distribute Dev Anand's film - Aug 10, 2011
- Katarina extremely posessive about Bollywood Khans - May 14, 2012
- 'Bollywood Striptease' speaks the truth: Riya Sen - Feb 28, 2012
- Mrinal Sen, young at 90, says learning is never ending - May 15, 2012
- Neha teams up with Jimmy for 'Rangeeley' (Movie Snippets) - Sep 03, 2012
- Dev Anand was stylish and well-read: Vyjayanthimala - Dec 06, 2011
- Nepal braces for supernatural thrill on Christmas - Dec 02, 2010
- Jalota sings Sufi-club song for 'Tere Mere Phere' - Sep 18, 2011
- 'Item song' sounds derogatory: Kareena Kapoor - Mar 16, 2012
- Movies are more than just numbers: Kabir Khan (Movie Snippets) - Sep 07, 2012
Tags: bura, chamiya, chaos, choreography, ek, gimmick, granddaughter, gulzar, heroine, jayesh, kindness, lakh, madhur bhandarkar, media persons, mentor, nightmare, publicity, riya sen, saab, suchitra sen