Riteish plays underworld don in ‘Kal Kissne Dekha’June 11th, 2009 - 1:25 pm ICT by IANS
By Joginder Tuteja
Mumbai, June 11 (IANS) After playing lovable and funny characters, Riteish Deshmukh will now be seen as an underworld don, sporting different get-ups in each of his scenes in romantic thriller “Kal Kissne Dekha”.
But Riteish was initially hesitant to talk about the film.
“I’m not too sure how much I should be revealing about my role in the film. I don’t know if you can call it a special appearance or an extended guest appearance or anything of that sort. I am yet to see the final cut of how much of me is actually present in the film,” Riteish told IANS.
On being prodded further, he said: “This character was primarily conceived by my director Vivek Sharma and I followed his vision. Whatever I have done in the movie, it is completely as per Vivek’s instructions.”
So does Riteish really get to don different get-ups?
“That’s right, every scene would have me looking different. That’s the way the character was envisioned and the scenes written. I am someone who is a loser of a don but thinks that he is quite smart (which he isn’t). He wants to make a big name in the underworld but is hardly successful in his endeavour,” said Riteish.
Releasing Friday, “Kal Kissne Dekha” is the launch pad of producer Vashu Bhagnani’s son Jackky. The film also stars actress Vaishali Desai and has Rishi Kapoor in a pivotal role.
Riteish, however, refused to reveal whether he plays Jackky’s friend or enemy in the film.
“There isn’t anything of that sort. I keep making appearances at different junctures in the film and also have scenes with him. But no, I’m neither his friend nor enemy. For knowing anything more, you should watch the film,” he said.
Riteish says he did the film because of his special relationship with Bhagnani since he worked with him in the 2003 film “Out Of Control”.
“I have known Vashu-ji for quite some time now. When Vashu-ji came to me with this role, I readily accepted to play the part. I’m glad I could become a part of Jackky’s launch pad,” he said.
- Riteish Deshmukh confirms presence in 'Kal Kissne Dekha' - Jun 12, 2009
- Comparison with Salman makes Jackky happy - Aug 30, 2012
- 'F.A.L.T.U' not a dance film: Jackky Bhagnani - Jun 18, 2010
- Jackky Bhagnani becomes gets nostalgic - Oct 03, 2009
- Akshay says no to Vashu Bhagnani’s Faltu - Oct 07, 2010
- Shaan wants to stop alcohol promotion in movies (Movie snippets) - May 28, 2012
- Jackky-Pooja romance not a publicity gimmick! - Mar 07, 2011
- Kareena shaken by fan frenzy at Ahmedabad - May 23, 2009
- Vashu Bhagnani postpones Film Kal Kissne Dekha - May 29, 2009
- KAL KISSNE DEKHA GOLDEN NIGHTS - May 23, 2009
- Jackky to show off eight-pack abs in 'Ajab Gazabb Love' - Aug 30, 2012
- 500 screens release for Kal Kissne Dekha worldwide - Jun 11, 2009
- I never thought my son could be an actor: Vashu Bhagnani - Feb 21, 2009
- Bhagyashree urged me to play Rauf Lala: Rishi - Jan 30, 2012
- Bhagnani wants to launch new face opposite son Jackky - Oct 28, 2011
Tags: actress, desai, endeavour, final cut, guest appearance, joginder, junctures, launch pad, loser, pivotal role, quite some time, rishi kapoor, riteish deshmukh, romantic thriller, special relationship, underworld, ups