Ritchie comforts Madonna as adoption plan failsApril 9th, 2009 - 12:59 pm ICT by IANS
London, April 9 (IANS) British filmmaker Guy Ritchie has been comforting ex-wife Madonna after her attempt to adopt a baby from Malawi failed.
Thesun.co.uk reports that the two had got divorced in January and the singer cited his “unreasonable behaviour” behind their break up. But the two have been able to talk again when she broke down while talking to her son Rocco on the phone.
“Civil conversations between them have been few and far between in the past year. But over the last week things have improved. Guy had Rocco over for a visit when Em (Madonna) called to see if he was okay, as she always does when she is away from the kids. Rocco was speaking to her and suddenly turned to Guy and said, ‘Daddy, daddy. mummy is crying’. He then handed Guy the phone,” said a source close to the them.
“It’s unusual for Em to turn on the waterworks, but this has really upset her. Explaining to Rocco why Mercy wasn’t coming home has been difficult. Guy was incredibly sympathetic, calmed her down and told her to be happy with the family she had,” added the source.
- Ritchie consoles 'tearful' Madonna after failed adoption bid - Apr 09, 2009
- Guy Ritchie's girlfriend pregnant again? - Jul 19, 2012
- Richie confirms girlfriend's pregnancy news - Jul 20, 2012
- Guy Ritchie, girlfriend expecting first child - Mar 07, 2011
- Guy to spend Christmas with Madonna, kids - Dec 13, 2010
- Madonna planning baby with Jesus - Jan 20, 2010
- Guy Ritchie, Ainsley expecting a boy? - Jun 10, 2011
- Madonna plans to move back to Britain - Oct 11, 2010
- Madonna's adopted daughter Mercy to meet real family - Mar 30, 2010
- Guy Ritchie names son Rafael - Jun 04, 2012
- Madonna struggles being single mom - Mar 11, 2012
- Guy Ritchie expecting child with girlfriend Jacqui Ainsley - Mar 07, 2011
- Madonna decade's most talked about celebrity - Dec 23, 2010
- Kid that Madonna couldn't adopt cries for her - Apr 06, 2009
- Madonna 'to cocoon Mercy from the world' - Jun 22, 2009