Rishi Kapoor gives acting tips to film studentsMay 22nd, 2009 - 10:10 pm ICT by IANS
Mumbai, May 22 (IANS) Bollywood veteran Rishi Kapoor gave acting lessons at a film school here and told students that it was important for an actor to know every aspect of movie-making.
“It is important for actors today to know all facets of filmmaking. For example understanding editing will help an actor in continuity and retaining an emotion for the next shot after the cut,” the actor recently told students of director Subhash Ghai’s film school Whistling Woods International.
“The more you learn about the art of storytelling, the more it will help your performance,” he said.
The 56-year-old, who has spent over three decades in the film industry, also stressed on the importance of learning to be a successful actor, said a Whistling Woods International press release.
“Acting is to put an effort to show effortlessness. However, this skill has to be honed over a period of time and actors need to work hard to earn success,” he said.
Rishi, who recently featured in Zoya Akhtar’s “Luck By Chance”, will be next seen in Imtiaz Ali’s “Love Aaj Kal”.
- Parineeti, Arjun say acting schools are important - Jun 02, 2012
- Ghai celebrates Indian movie centenary with Cinema 100 - Jun 01, 2012
- Concept will always be key to a good film: Faisal - Jun 04, 2012
- Corporates changed moviemaking in India: Subhash Ghai (Interview) - Jun 07, 2011
- 'I feel cheated,' says Subhash Ghai (Lead) - Apr 06, 2012
- APSARA AWARDS 2009- TV and FILM NOMINEES - Dec 15, 2009
- 'B' schools for Bollywood - where actors are born (IANS Feature) - Jul 10, 2010
- Randhir, Rishi Kapoor created nostalgia: Riteish - Mar 24, 2012
- Delhi Metro attracts filmmakers for shooting, promotion - Dec 31, 2011
- Spirit must not die, show must go on: Subhash Ghai (Interview) - May 11, 2012
- 'Up In The Air' producer eyes Indian collaborations - Mar 17, 2012
- I want 'Love Aaj Kal' to break all records: Kareena Kapoor - Jul 28, 2009
- 'Subhash Ghai a liability by name, not an asset' - Apr 11, 2012
- I hated Parineeti during our training days : Arjun Kapoor - Jul 20, 2012
- 'Cocktail' has promoted itself: producer - Jul 11, 2012
Tags: acting tips, actors, ali, art of storytelling, continuity, emotion, facets, film industry, film school, film students, filmmaking, love, period of time, Press Release, rishi kapoor, three decades, veteran, whistling woods international, zoya akhtar