Rinku Karmakar prefers drama over comic rolesAugust 21st, 2012 - 2:21 pm ICT by IANS
Mumbai, Aug 21 (IANS) “I am a drama queen and I like drama,” says Rinku Karmarkar, who will be seen essaying a double-role in “Na Bole Tum Na Maine Kuch Kaha”. Though excited about the comic avatar, she says her preference is dramatic characters.
“I am doubtful about playing such a cute role again. I am a drama queen and I like drama. This has also been created really well. But if I get an opportunity, I prefer drama,” said the actress who is happily married to Kiran Karmarkar and has a son.
Her identical avatar is funny and will bring comic relief to the story that revolves around a widow with two children who marries her neighbour.
“I have never played a double role before. It is a superb opportunity, I really wanted to do this. Am glad it’s been granted. But it’s not an easy task,” Rinku, who plays Renu in the show, told IANS.
“We have started shooting. When you start shooting, you realise how much work it is. It’s a double role, double effort, double clothes, double make up, double dialogues,” she added.
Not new to small screen, Rinku has been part of shows like “Swabhimaan” and “Kahaani Ghar Ghar Ki”.
She feels that the industry has changed a great deal and added: “The industry has changed a lot over the years from what I began with. It has taken a big leap. So many options are there and the competition makes it more exciting. It keeps you on your toes,” she said.
Talking about artists, she feels there are many faces, but all are not actors.
“Where actors are concerned, things have changed drastically. How many of them are really actors? The number of faces has increased.”
At the moment, she is not thinking about other shows.
“As of this moment, I don’t have time for anything else but my these two roles in one show. It’s a lot of effort from everyone’s side and I hope double role comes back,” she said.
- Achint Kaur to play queen in 'Jhansi Ki Rani' - Dec 18, 2010
- Akshay will do wonders in 'Oh My God': Sachin Parikh - Jun 16, 2012
- TV actor to study J. Dey's life for crime reporter's role (With Images) - Jan 11, 2012
- No place for simple people in TV industry: Smita Singh - Nov 04, 2011
- TV actor Rajiv Paul pens book, thanks Juhi Chawal for support - Jan 30, 2012
- Shafali Shah Returns To Theatre, Hubby Vipul Shah To Produce (But Not Act) - Aug 14, 2010
- Shafali Shah returns to theatre, Vipul Shah to produce play - Aug 14, 2010
- Playing historical character is not easy: Achint Kaur - Dec 31, 2010
- TV going downhill for a decade: Kitu Gidwani (Interview) - Jun 08, 2011
- Film promotion is a necessity now: Govinda - Nov 07, 2011
- TV actor Sachin Parikh prefers negative roles - Jun 18, 2012
- I'm living my childhood with my kids: Hiten Tejwani - Feb 15, 2011
- No dieting for Narayani (TV Snippets) - Apr 12, 2012
- Enough of sequels, comedies for Riteish! - Jun 27, 2012
- Dual roles back in B-town: One ticket, double mazaa - Jun 20, 2012
Tags: actors, actress, avatar, clothes, comic relief, dialogues, double effort, drama queen, dramatic characters, ghar ghar, karmakar, karmarkar, leap, maine, many faces, neighbour, preference, toes, tum