Rihanna wants $1m borrowed jewellery back from copsApril 25th, 2009 - 1:15 pm ICT by ANI
Washington, April 25 (ANI): Rihanna wants LAPD to return the nearly million-dollar worth jewellery taken into evidence for investigation in her alleged beating case.
The singer, who was allegedly punched, choked, and bitten by her former boyfriend Chris Brown before the Grammy’s, had borrowed the expensive accessories from four jewellers, who now want it back.
The R&B lady was said to have been trying to recover the bling from the officials since late March.
“Since there appears to be no evidentiary value to the continued holding of this jewelry … we respectfully [ask] the court to order the return of this property to [Rihanna] without further delay,” People magazine quoted her attorney Donald Etra as writing in a court request filed earlier this week.
“If the DA doesn’t need the items, and the LAPD doesn’t need the items, there’s no reason why they shouldn’t be returned,” Etra added.
Etra further said that the owners of the items would hold the 21-year-old responsible if the items were not returned and the total cost and damages for their late return could run up to more than 1.4 million dollars.
LAPD refused to comment and as per the court papers, there is yet to be a response for the requests of the jewellery’s return.
DA spokeswoman Sandi Gibbons said: “At this stage, we’re not even sure what evidence is going to be entered into the case. For now, we don’t have any further comment on this matter.”
Meanwhile, Brown, who pleaded not guilty to two felony counts, is due to return to the court on April 29. (ANI)
- Chris Brown wants Rihanna restraining order lifted - Jan 30, 2011
- Rihanna wants her borrowed jewellery back from police - Apr 25, 2009
- Rihanna soaks up Barbadian sun with beer - Apr 28, 2009
- Rihanna 'agrees to reduce restraining order against ex Chris Brown' - Feb 11, 2011
- Chris Brown sentenced for assaulting Rihanna - Aug 26, 2009
- Chris Brown allowed to go near Rihanna now - Feb 23, 2011
- LiLo 'not worried' about facing prosecution over 'necklace theft' - Feb 04, 2011
- Chris Brown wants Rihanna restraining order lifted - Jan 29, 2011
- Rihanna may testify against Chris Brown, says her lawyer - May 29, 2009
- Paris Hilton sued for not returning $60K in borrowed Damiani jewelry - Apr 07, 2011
- Rihanna set to receive jewellery back from police - Apr 30, 2009
- Rihanna okay with modification in restraining order - Feb 11, 2011
- LiLo 'accused of stealing high end jewelry' - Feb 02, 2011
- Chris Brown in 'intense' plea negotiations over Rihanna beating - Apr 06, 2009
- LAPD apologizes to the Kennedy clan for putting Robert Kennedy's items on display - Mar 04, 2010
Tags: 1m, april 29, bling, boyfriend chris, chris brown, cops, damages, dollar worth, donald etra, evidentiary value, felony counts, gibbons, grammy, jewellers, lapd, million dollars, people magazine, rihanna, sandi, spokeswoman