Rihanna to make TV debutJanuary 27th, 2012 - 2:51 am ICT by IANS
London, Jan 27 (IANS) Pop star Rihanna is set for her television debut as she has signed up for a talent hunt show to discover a new fashion designer.
“I’ve always had a great love of fashion. It’s a constant source of inspiration and is a big reason why I’ve grown into the artist I am today. I am excited to follow the journey of our aspiring contestants and see how their individuality influences their efforts,” thesun.co.uk quoted Rihanna as saying.
Rihanna will executive produce and appear in the ten-part series. She has handpicked fashion addict, and Girls Aloud singer Nicola Roberts to host the yet-to-be-titled show.
“I am so excited to be working with Rihanna on finding a new up-and-coming designer. I was so flattered when she asked me to work with her on this show. I’m so excited for us to get started,” said Roberts, who is following in the footsteps of her other bandmates Cheryl Cole, Sarah Harding and Kimberley Walsh by getting into the small screen space.
The show’s winner will get to create an outfit for Rihanna to wear for her performance at the Wireless festival in London’s Hyde Park in July.
The show will go on air on Sky Living in the summer.
The unknown designers who will participate on the show will be challenged to create outfits for a string of musicians and celebrities.
According to sources, Rihanna, who has sold more than 20 million albums, would be “heavily responsible” for casting and would be involved in the show’s editing and post-production.
Jane Johnson, director of Sky Living, said: “I am thrilled we are working with Rihanna on her first TV project. She is a great talent with a huge international following and a brilliant and individual fashion sense.”
- Rihanna my style icon: Nicola - Aug 07, 2012
- Rihanna turns designer - Jul 17, 2012
- Rihanna takes fashion tips from London streets - Aug 14, 2012
- Cheryl Cole to reunite with Girls Aloud for 2012 tour - Jun 01, 2011
- Rihanna hunts house in Britain - Apr 23, 2012
- Lott signs with modelling agency - Jul 21, 2011
- Rihanna is beautiful: Jessie J - Mar 28, 2012
- Rihanna eyeing fashion career? - Mar 06, 2012
- Baby Spice following Posh into fashion - Mar 23, 2010
- I'm scared of outfit clash: Rihanna - Oct 10, 2010
- Kim Kardashian addicted to sunglasses - Jul 25, 2011
- Standing ovation for Kallol, Pankaj and Nidhi at LFW finale - Aug 08, 2012
- Indian embroidery, needlework making Western inroads: Falguni-Shane (With Image) - Jun 04, 2012
- Shoe collection is like dream come true: Cheryl Cole - Oct 12, 2011
- I want to see Angelina Jolie in my clothes: Klass - Jul 26, 2012
Tags: bandmates, cheryl cole, fashion designer, fashion sense, first tv, footsteps, hyde park, individuality, jane johnson, kimberley walsh, london jan, new fashion, nicola roberts, pop star, sarah harding, screen space, talent hunt, television debut, tv debut, tv project