Rihanna to make film debut with ‘Battleship’July 27th, 2010 - 2:01 pm ICT by IANS
Los Angeles, July 27 (IANS) Pop singer Rihanna is set to make her film debut with Universal Studios’ “Battleship” along side Alexander Skarsgard and Taylor Kitsch.
The deal was announced Monday, reports variety.com.
Director Peter Berg is expected to soon begin shooting the live-action movie based on the naval combat board game.
The production house has decided to release “Battleship” on May 25, 2012.
Kitsch, who also works with Berg in the NBC series “Friday Night Lights,” stars as a naval officer who leads the fight. Skarsgard will play his brother.
- Pop Singer Rihanna To Debut In Acting With Battleship - Jul 28, 2010
- Rihanna to make her acting debut in the movie version of Battleship - Jul 28, 2010
- Rihanna promotes 'Battleship' - Apr 11, 2012
- Bikini-clad Rihanna unveils pistol tattoo on her thigh - Sep 08, 2010
- Rihanna makes her acting debut with 'Battleship' - Jul 29, 2011
- Rihanna enjoys shooting for debut film 'Battleship' - Sep 15, 2010
- Rihanna's debut film set for summer release - Apr 05, 2012
- Rihanna to concentrate on film career - Apr 14, 2012
- 'Battleship' made me fearless: Rihanna - Apr 08, 2012
- 'Battleship' - sensible fix for action junkies (IANS Movie Review) - Apr 14, 2012
- Rihanna laughed at 'Battleship' - Apr 14, 2012
- Rihanna to make acting with new movie 'Battleship - Jul 28, 2010
- Release Date Of 'Battleship' Pushed Ahead - Jun 12, 2010
- Rihanna to show off comedy skills - Jun 02, 2012
- Rihanna won't play Houston - Apr 20, 2012
Tags: alexander, alexander skarsgard, battleship, board game, brother, director peter berg, film debut, friday night lights, naval combat, nbc, nbc series, pop singer, rihanna, taylor kitsch, universal studios