Rihanna sued over S&M videoFebruary 15th, 2011 - 9:19 pm ICT by Aishwarya Bhatt
Los Angeles, Feb 15 (THAINDIAN NEWS) Riahnna has been sued by celebrity photographer David LaChapelle for copying his work in her latest music video S&M.
LaChapelle claims in his suit that Rihanna directly copied his work in her video. He is demanding unspecified amount in damages for the alleged copyright infringement.
LaChapelle told the court in his papers that he believes that eight of his works has been directly copied into Rihanna’s music video. He in particular claims that a shot that showed Rihanna over a blue background with candy on her tongue is his work.
He has subsequently accused Rihanna of copying his “composition, total concept, feel, tone, mood, theme, colors, props, settings, decors, wardrobe and lighting.”
Rihanna’s S&M is not currently doing very well on the charts after it started out strongly. The video of the single was just released. Rihanna is one of the top young R&B female singers currently. She has sold some 25 million albums during her career. The S&M video have been criticized for its sexual expletives. The video has also been banned in several other countries because of the content.
Rihanna’s reps did not immediately reply reporters’ request for comment on the suit.
- Rihanna sued by famed fashion photog over 'copycat' S&M video - Feb 15, 2011
- Rihanna to be sued over 'S&M' video - Feb 16, 2011
- Rihanna being sued over 'S+M' video again - Jun 25, 2011
- Rihanna settles lawsuit with photographer - Oct 20, 2011
- Rihanna offered $500,000 for a Florida show - Feb 21, 2011
- Elton John want Timberlake for his biopic - Jan 04, 2012
- Perry to promote hair styling brand - Mar 08, 2011
- Lawsuit filed claiming copyright breach by Cherl Cole - Mar 24, 2011
- Rihanna comes out with her 'S&M' remix featuring Britney Spears - Apr 11, 2011
- Rihanna In Playboy Bunny Mood In ‘S&M’ Video Shoot - Jan 25, 2011
- 50 Cent named in copyright infringement case - Dec 16, 2010
- Chinese writers target App Store - Mar 20, 2012
- China deletes 400,000 weblinks for copyright violation - Nov 10, 2011
- France bans Rihanna's video - Nov 22, 2011
- Rihanna S&M video takes potshots at the media - Feb 02, 2011
Tags: blue background, candy, celebrity photographer, composition, copyright infringement, damages, david lachapelle, expletives, female singers, latest music, lighting, music video, photographer david, props, reply, riahnna, rihanna, theme colors, unspecified amount, wardrobe