Rihanna skips Paralympic rehearsalsSeptember 10th, 2012 - 7:02 am ICT by IANS
London, Sep 10 (IANS) Singer Rihanna partied so hard on the night of MTV Video Music Awards that she had to skip London Paralympic closing ceremony rehearsals with the band Coldplay next day.
The singer was supposed to rehearse in Dagenham, London, but instead celebrated her win for “We Found Love” as the best video of the year award on the night of the awards Sep 6.
“Rihanna had a private jet waiting for her on the runway in LA to get her to London but she kept it waiting as she celebrated her VMA win for We Found Love,” thesun.co.uk quoted a source as saying.
“She eventually landed late and went straight to the hotel, missing rehearsals for her guest spot singing Princess Of China with Coldplay,” the source added.
However, Chris Martin , the frontman of the band got some volunteers and continued the rehearsals.
“Over in Dagenham, Chris Martin got volunteers to sing along to Rihanna’s part,” the source said.
The Paralympic Games are events organised for physically and intellectually challenged sportspersons. The games are followed by the Olympic Games.
- Rihanna, Coldplay team up to for Paralympic closing - Aug 27, 2012
- Jay Z to perform at Paralympics closing - Sep 05, 2012
- Rihanna to perform with Coldplay at Grammys - Jan 20, 2012
- Rihanna goes 'Geisha' for Coldplay video - Mar 25, 2012
- I'm obsessed with Gwyneth: Rihanna - Apr 11, 2012
- Rihanna scares Chris Martin - Sep 13, 2011
- Coldplay and Rihanna team up - Sep 14, 2011
- Rihanna, Jay-Z celebrate with Lady Gaga - Sep 11, 2012
- Rihanna proud Of Chris Brown - Sep 12, 2012
- Paltrow plans debut album - Dec 26, 2010
Tags: china, chris martin, closing ceremony, coldplay, dagenham, frontman, london, love, mtv, mtv video music, mtv video music awards, olympic games, paralympic games, private jet, rehearsals, rihanna, singing princess, video music awards, volunteers