Rihanna sets new record in UK chart history with 5th No. 1January 10th, 2011 - 4:31 pm ICT by ANI
London, Jan 10 (ANI): Rihanna has been declared the first female solo artist in UK chart history to achieve No.1 singles in five consecutive years.
The Official Charts Company announced her record after ‘What’s My Name?’ rose from number two to the top spot, reports BBC News.
The last solo artist to achieve the feat was Elvis Presley, who had number ones in each year from 1957 to 1963.
Rihanna’s album ‘Loud’ also holds on to its number one slot, giving her the second UK chart double of her career.
In 2007, her album ‘Good Girl Gone Bad’ and single ‘Umbrella’ topped both charts simultaneously. (ANI)
- Rihanna sets new record with latest album - Nov 28, 2011
- Rihanna Does What Elivis Did! - Jan 10, 2011
- Madonna queen of British charts - Apr 02, 2012
- Emeli Sande is back on the No. 1 spot with 'Our Version of Events' - May 28, 2012
- Nicole Scherzinger topples Adele from top of UK singles chart - Mar 21, 2011
- Susan Boyle's Latest Album Breaks Records Of Madonna And Elvis Presley! - Nov 20, 2010
- Adele matches Madonna's UK album record - Mar 29, 2011
- Bruno Mars Lands A Double Whammy With Single And Album Chart List - Jan 24, 2011
- 'Glee' cast breaks Elvis Presley's 50-yr UK chart record - Jan 25, 2011
- Madonna's new album tops European Album Chart - Oct 03, 2009
- Rihanna falls from a tree during her gig at the AMA - Nov 23, 2010
- Adele Adkins beats Lady Gaga to top spot, matches Beatles record - Feb 21, 2011
- Glee Soars Past Elvis Presley In The Fastest Twenty Top 40 Hits – UK Charts - Jan 24, 2011
- Take That's Progress leads UK album chart - Nov 22, 2010
- Take That's 'Progress' named 'biggest-selling album of 2010 in UK' - Jan 03, 2011