Rihanna Respects Gucci For Selecting Black ModelsJune 10th, 2010 - 5:59 pm ICT by Sampurn Wire
June 10, 2010 (Sampurn Wire): Since Rihanna rose to fame back in 2005, her singular sense of style and growing presence in the fashion world, has caught the eye of the Gucci creative director Frida Giannini, who has signed her for Gucci’s Tattoo Heart Collection, which is a beneficiary campaign for the UNICEF.
She expressed her gratitude to Gucci for using her in the campaign as she will be representing the black models. She also said that she respected for the designer who had used black models instead of the skinny white ones.
The Barbados-born beauty has spoken about how much fun she finds fashion. She said that fashion is not a burden for her, as it is essential to show off creativity and is also very important for her to develop as an artist.
The 22 year old singer shot to fame in 2005 and was subsequently noticed by both the music as well as the fashion world. Her rustic, bold sense of style is very popular among the young people.
The African-American singer spoke for the black models. She said that there are very few black models working in the fashion industry as many designers prefer not to use them.
- Blake Lively new face of Gucci - Jun 24, 2012
- Gucci to introduce children's line - Apr 14, 2010
- 'Gucci' Fiat 500 unveiled at Milan Fashion Week - Feb 25, 2011
- Rihanna wants more black models in fashion industry - Jun 10, 2010
- Victoria loves Russell Brand's dress sense - Feb 09, 2012
- J-Lo's twin toddlers face camera for charity - Jan 20, 2011
- Sarah Burton launches second McQueen collection - Jan 20, 2011
- David Beckham's Design Debut For Victoria's 2011 Men's Collection - Aug 06, 2010
- Romanitza to make a comeback to Couture Fashion Week - Aug 23, 2010
- Fashion Trends In Bollywood (1960 - 2010) - Jul 28, 2010
- Hollywood Fashion Blunders Of 2010 - Dec 27, 2010
- Rihnana Honored At Madame Tussauds - Sep 02, 2010
- Paco Rabanne announces new artistic director - Jun 06, 2012
- Deepika Padukone, Sonam Kapoor: The Gen X Style Divas - Nov 25, 2010
- Style watch: Roshni Chopra likes to mix and match - Feb 23, 2010
Tags: african american singer, barbados, beneficiary, black models, creative director, creativity, designers, fashion industry, fashion world, giannini, gratitude, gucci, heart collection, music, presence, tattoo heart, unicef