Rihanna regrets staying with Brown after assaultDecember 4th, 2010 - 3:01 pm ICT by IANS
London, Dec 4 (IANS) Singer Rihanna is annoyed as she can’t believe she stayed with Chris Brown even after he assaulted her.
The “Rude Boy” singer was assaulted by then-boyfriend Brown in February 2009, and though they split following the attack, they briefly reconciled. But now Rihanna admits she can’t believe she didn’t end the relationship sooner, reports contactmusic.com.
“It was a situation I always told myself I would never allow myself to be in. It’s something I would force girlfriends to get out of. But there I was, sitting in it,” she said.
“I witnessed physical abuse happening to my mum and I always said I would never let that happen to me, and then it was happening to me. Now, when I look back at it, it just bugs me out that I couldn’t see it for what it was,” she added.
- Miranda Lambert not happy with Chris Brown's performance at Grammy Awards - Feb 16, 2012
- Rihanna opens up about her father's betrayal - Mar 16, 2011
- Rihanna tired of talking about Chris Brown - Nov 30, 2010
- Rihanna wasn't ready for romancing Drake - Nov 24, 2010
- I still love Chris Brown: Rihanna - Aug 20, 2012
- Rihanna rues drought of men! - Apr 05, 2012
- Rihanna splits from Matt Kemp? - Dec 29, 2010
- Assault incident gave edge to my music: Rihanna - Mar 16, 2011
- Now there is balance in my life, says Rihanna - Jul 02, 2010
- It's time to forgive Chris Brown: Cole - May 23, 2012
- Rihanna won't talk to Brown again - Mar 31, 2011
- Rihanna goes public about dad's beatings - Mar 30, 2011
- Brown joins Rihanna on vacation - Jul 24, 2012
- Rihanna says it's annoying to continue talking about ex Chris Brown - Dec 01, 2010
- Rihanna backs expiry of ex Chris Brown's restraining order - Mar 31, 2011