Rihanna calls her relationship with dad ’strange’March 17th, 2011 - 6:24 am ICT by IANS
London, March 17 (IANS) Singing sensation Rihanna, who was involved in an abusive relationship with singer Chris Brown, feels betrayed by her estranged father, Ronald Fenty.
“It’s like, what do I even mean to him? It’s really strange. That’s the only word I can think of to describe it, because you grow up with your father, you know him, you are a part of him, for goodness sake! And then he does something so bizarre that I can’t begin to wrap my mind around it,” contactmusic.com quoted Rihana as saying.
The 22-year-old has been upset with her father for selling her stories to media after she was assaulted by ex-boyfriend Chris Brown in February 2009.
“But my dad went to the press and just told them a bunch of lies. Because he hadn’t talked to me after that whole thing… He never called to find out how I was doing, if I was alive, nothing,” she said.
The singer has no interest in having a relationship with her dad anymore. She had earlier revealed that her childhood was ruined by her dad’s drug problems and eventual split from her mother Monica when she was just 14.
- Rihanna opens up about her father's betrayal - Mar 16, 2011
- Rihanna named woman of the year - Jul 27, 2011
- Rihanna patches up with dad - Jan 10, 2011
- Chris has matured, says Rihanna's dad - Jul 04, 2012
- Rihanna: Bridges Gap With Dad On Christmas - Jan 11, 2011
- Rihanna was worried about my health: Father - Aug 30, 2011
- Rihanna forgives abusive father - Apr 09, 2011
- Mom wants to control Rihanna's wild life - May 15, 2012
- Does Rihanna have secret siblings in Barbados? - Apr 19, 2011
- Rihanna still in love with ex Chris Brown - Aug 06, 2009
- Rihanna was a UFO spotter - Mar 30, 2012
- Rihanna copies Brown's gold grills - Sep 14, 2012
- Rihanna fires back at Joan Rivers - Aug 26, 2012
- Is Rihanna getting back with Chris Brown? - Jan 12, 2012
- Rihanna still holds flame for Brown - Aug 05, 2009