Right chemistry is important: SaldanaSeptember 7th, 2012 - 4:18 am ICT by IANS
Los Angeles, Sep 7 (IANS) Actress Zoe Saldana says it is essential for actors to strike the right chemistry for a love story on screen, and admits she could do so comfortably with Bradley Cooper in “The Words”.
“I’ve always said that when you watch movies and a love story falls short of what you wanted it to be, as an actor, as a person who works in films, you know that 90 percent of the time it didn’t work is because there was no chemistry, they didn’t work out a friendship, they didn’t feel safe around each other, they weren’t communicating properly,” hollywoodreporter.com quoted Saldana as saying.
That wasn’t the case on the set of their new film, she said.
“Bradley is a very dedicated and open professional. It’s really good when you can balance that with an actor as opposed to an actor that just comes prepared and just goes, ‘don’t fuck up my light’ and ‘this line is my close-up’.”
“We didn’t care where was the camera was. It was just like we were both part of this extensive conversation.”
Their chemistry sparked speculations that the sizzle onscreen had translated into a real life romance between Saldana and Cooper.
Asked about those rumours, she merely replied: “No comment.”
- Cooper, Saldana part ways - Mar 29, 2012
- Cooper, Saldana back together? - Jun 02, 2012
- Saldana to play singer Nina Simone - Aug 17, 2012
- Shahid-Priyanka chemistry in 'Teri Meri...' better than 'Kaminey' - Apr 12, 2012
- Jennifer Lopez has 'romantic dinner' with Bradley Cooper - Sep 12, 2011
- Bradley Cooper dating Zoe Saldana? - Dec 31, 2011
- Brangelina's kids don't find them cool - Dec 09, 2011
- Gere remembers friend Herb Ritts - Apr 03, 2012
- Shooting in New York was chaotic: Bradley - Mar 15, 2011
- Zoe Saldana sizzles in new Calvin Klein underwear ad - Aug 29, 2010
- Saldana upset over Vartan's kissing objection - Aug 26, 2011
- Alcohol ruined Cooper's life - Sep 06, 2012
- Lindsay Lohan to play Dame Elizabeth Taylor? - Jan 11, 2012
- Kids thrilled over Brangelina's engagement - Apr 16, 2012
- 'Hangover Part II' tops US box office - May 30, 2011