Ridley Scott’s ‘Blade Runner’ inspired by Brit town’s filthNovember 14th, 2007 - 1:49 am ICT by admin
Scott, who went to art school in Hartlepool reveals that he imagined what Los Angeles would look in 2019 by using his memory of the belching steel plants and chemical works in the Brit city.
However, Hartlepool Council says the town has undergone a dramatic change since Scott’s days there and no longer looks the same.
“We’re very proud of it,” the Mirror quoted a spokesman, as saying.
Scott personally supervised a digitally restored Blade Runner and approved the Final Cut, which is to be finally released theatrically in Los Angeles and New York on 5 October 2007.
An elaborate DVD release is also planned for 18 December 2007.
Scott has previously said that he regards Blade Runner as his “most complete and personal film.” (ANI)
- Charlize Theron to star in 'Prometheus'? - Feb 14, 2011
- Nolan to helm new 'Blade Runner' film - Mar 04, 2011
- 'Blade Runner' voted 'Best Sci-fi Film of all Time' - Aug 05, 2009
- Ford to do cameo in 'Blade Runner' sequel? - May 29, 2012
- Sequel to 'Blade Runner' being planned 30 years on - Mar 04, 2011
- Charlize Theron enjoys playing evil - Mar 22, 2012
- Noomi Rapace refuses to look sexy - May 14, 2012
- Theron finds grey roles real - Jun 01, 2012
- Hemsworth in Spielberg's next - Jul 21, 2012
- Post divorce settlement, Cruise resumes work - Jul 11, 2012
- 'Blue' director's next is a sci-fi adventure film - Jul 08, 2011
- 'The Chronicles Of Riddick' sequel on hold - Oct 30, 2011
- Cameron moves to dismiss 'Avatar' lawsuit - Jul 17, 2012
- Justin Timberlake hurts his leg on film set - Dec 04, 2010
- Jolie to join 'The Counsellor' cast? - Apr 11, 2012