Ridley Scott plans film on Reagan-Gorbachev summitFebruary 27th, 2008 - 4:36 pm ICT by admin
Washington, February 27 (ANI): Hollywood director Sir Ridley Scott has revealed that he is making a film about the famous 1986 summit between late US President Ronald Reagan and former Soviet leader Mikhail Gorbachev.
Scott said that his film would focus on the dealings that took place between the two leaders during the conference in Reykjavik, Iceland.
“I want to show who they were and why they did what they did. Their actions helped shape history, paving the way for the end of the Cold War,” Contactmusic quoted the director as telling the Hollywood Reporter.
The American Gangster director has not decided who all should be starring in the film.
He has, however, made it very clear that “physical resemblance is secondary”.
“It’s less about visible appearance, more about the acting. (But) you have to acknowledge the physicality. Reagan was tall and elegant while Gorbachev was stocky, like a front row rugby player. In some ways, Gorbachev is easier to cast. Reagan is more colourful,” he said. (ANI)
- Douglas to play former US president? - Aug 31, 2012
- Reagan's handwritten changes to 'Evil Empire' speech on display - Jan 06, 2011
- Ron Reagan Speaks About Father Ronald Reagan's Alzheimer's Disease In His New Book - Jan 15, 2011
- Bollywood salutes 'pure genius' Tony Scott - Aug 20, 2012
- Russia must democratise to avoid mass unrest: Gorbachev - Oct 19, 2010
- Putin wins German award - Jul 10, 2011
- Putin not interested to solve Russian problems: Gorbachev - Aug 16, 2011
- Gorbachev plans to revive former party - Mar 22, 2012
- Russia needs fair elections: Gorbachev - Sep 22, 2011
- Abramovich symbolizes 'rich debauchery' which has plagued Russia, says Gorbachev - Feb 17, 2011
- Reagan 'tried to convert Gorbachev to Christianity' - Apr 04, 2009
- Gorbachev accuses Putin of obstructing democracy in Russia - Oct 27, 2010
- Middle East people need to feel "masters of their own countries": Gorbachev - Feb 11, 2011
- Theron felt unfit on 'Prometheus' set - Mar 28, 2012
- Gorbachev agreed to help Reagan fight off an attack from space - Apr 25, 2009
Tags: acting, american gangster, cold war, front row, hollywood, hollywood director, hollywood reporter, mikhail gorbachev, paving the way, physical resemblance, physicality, president ronald reagan, reykjavik iceland, ridley scott, ronald reagan, shape history, soviet leader, summit washington, visible appearance