Riddhima Kapoor launches her label ‘Ara’August 7th, 2008 - 9:46 pm ICT by IANS
New Delhi, Aug 7(IANS) Riddhima Kapoor, daughter of well known Bollywood actors Neetu and Rishi Kapoor who chose not to follow in the footsteps of her family, has turned into a designer and launched her label for women’s clothing called “ARA”. “My collection makes a girl look hot. It is sensual but, at the same time, it’s not at all vulgar. You just have to be yourself in these clothes,” Riddhima, who is married to a Delhi-based businessman, said at an event Wednesday.
The collection was unveiled in “In Focus” celebrity theme at the F-Bar and Lounge.
In Focus, an innovative concept that is conducted once a week, applauds the accomplishments and talents of achievers and upcoming talents from the field of fashion
Not many know that ARA, which means an ornament in Persian, is a six-month-old brand. Riddhima started the label with her friend Devyani just as a hobby and there was no official launch. But they had a set clientele and were very happy catering to them till they realised that the popularity of their range was going places.
“We noted that a lot of people were wearing our brand. That gave us the idea to launch the brand officially and we were waiting for a nice platform to showcase our collection,” Riddhima said.
“Earlier, we used to showcase our collection to our specific clientele as ‘Ladies day out’. There was no media involvement in it,” she added.
Talking about the designs, she said: “We have used lots of sequins and our tops can be teamed up with lowers, skirts or trousers.”
With Rakshabandhan round the corner, what are her plans for the occasion?
“I will be in Delhi as Ranbir is busy promoting his upcoming movie - ‘Bachna Ae Haseeno’. I will send a rakhi to him along with a special gift,” she said.
Asked about her brother’s girlfriend Deepika Padukone, Riddhima chose right words for the couple.
“They look good on screen but I can’t say much about their off screen chemistry. All I can say is that Deepika is a nice girl.”
- Indian designer to show at London's art gallery (With Image) - Jul 21, 2011
- Indian designer menswear market has come of age: Anita Dongre (With Images) - Apr 01, 2012
- Thumbs up for Tokyo fashion week from Indian designers - Feb 18, 2012
- Tailormade for profits - designers snip pret prices (With Images) - Mar 16, 2011
- B-Town wishes Happy Rakhi, demands women's safety - Aug 02, 2012
- Jewellery week a big platform for us: Designers - Aug 19, 2010
- Zubair Kirmani takes designer menswear to Srinagar - May 19, 2012
- Indian is gorgeous, a perfect amalgamation of world culture: Italian designer (Interview) (With Images) - Mar 24, 2012
- My Paco Rabanne designs to be easily accessible: Manish Arora (Interview) - Feb 22, 2011
- Set your priorities right: Karisma - Apr 04, 2012
- No big stars shone on LFW ramp - Mar 16, 2011
- Ankita Chaudhry to debut at Paris' Pret a Porter (With images) - Jul 18, 2011
- Saris with a twist by Kiran Uttam Ghosh (With Images) - Jan 14, 2012
- Who's likely to head to Cannes from B-Town? - Apr 07, 2012
- Anuradha Ramam to take Indian weaves to San Francisco (With Images) - Apr 08, 2012
Tags: achievers, businessman, clientele, deepika padukone, footsteps, going places, launch, lowers, media involvement, neetu, New Delhi, nice girl, persian, rakhi, ranbir, rishi kapoor, screen chemistry, sequins, skirts, trousers