Ricky Martin: Launches The Video Of ‘Best Thing About Me Is You’ Which Promotes EqualityJanuary 12th, 2011 - 11:19 pm ICT by Sampurn Wire
Ricky Martin is out with his first single, since he came out of the closest about his sexual orientation. Hence it’s not much of a surprise that his new single ‘Best thing about me is you’ promotes equality irrespective of skin color, creed, age, religion and sexual orientation.
The video of the single has been launched and it is part of his upcoming bilingual album Musica + Alma + Sexo (Music + Soul + Sex). The English version has Joss Stone in it while the Spanish one will see Natalia Jiminez backing it.
The album is the first one that Ricky is coming out with after going public about his homosexuality in March last year and later in Larry King Live supported the samesex marriage. Ricky Martin also became a father of twin boys in August of 2008 with a help of a surrogate mother and has been open about his relationship with his partner. However, the Latino singer preferred not to disclose the identity of his partner in the Oprah Winfrey Show.
So, while all these have been going on in Ricky’s personal life, it’s only in 2011, February 1 that his new album will be released all over USA. Following it from March 25 he is kicking off his world tour. The show will start in Ricky’s home country Puerto Rico and then continue with the rest of the world.
The tickets of the show have already gone on sale where the minimum cost of the ticket is only twenty dollars. The gig is going to offer quite a lot of things visually and will be enjoyable for listening too. The tickets are on sale from last month.
- Ricky Martin's rep denies U.S. tour problems - Feb 11, 2011
- Ricky Martin's new album doing well - Feb 10, 2011
- Ricky Martin performs in Paraguay - Sep 11, 2011
- Ricky Martin would like to have a daughter - Jun 10, 2011
- Armani to design outfits for Ricky Martin - Mar 19, 2011
- Ricky Martin defends gay rights - Oct 16, 2011
- Ricky Martin to promote Puerto Rico tourism on world tour - Mar 15, 2011
- Ricky Martin, Julieta Venegas captivate Brazil - Aug 29, 2011
- Ricky Martin says current tour his favourite - Jun 24, 2011
- Ricky Martin expresses his admiration for Miss Universe - Aug 30, 2011
- Ricky Martin performs in Miami - Apr 11, 2011
- Ricky Martin happy with family, return to Broadway - Feb 14, 2012
- Usher announces his London show - May 23, 2012
- Ricky Martin dedicates prize to victim of homophobic violence - Mar 27, 2012
- Jon Secada calls himself a `workingman of music' - Feb 15, 2012
Tags: age religion, album musica, creed, equality, homosexuality, joss stone, larry king, larry king live, march 25, new album, oprah winfrey, personal life, ricky, ricky martin, samesex marriage, sexual orientation, single best thing, skin color, surrogate mother, twin boys