Ricky Martin ‘felt numb when came out of the closet’November 2nd, 2010 - 5:24 pm ICT by ANI
Washington, Nov 2 (ANI): Ricky Martin has revealed that he felt ‘numb’ when he admitted that he was a homosexual.
In an interview on ‘The Oprah Winfrey Show’, he opened up about his decision to come out that he’s a gay.
“I couldn’t take it anymore, Oprah. I couldn’t take it anymore. It was too painful. But I guess the most important thing is my children. You know, my children. When I was holding them in my arms, I was like, what am I gonna teach them - how to lie? Whoa, that is my blessing right there,” UsMagazine.com quoted Martin as saying.
“And I said hold on a second. Before I decided to become a father, I already accepted who I was and I was happy with who I was. Then, when I was I was holding my children, I said, okay, it’s time to tell the world,” he added.
38-year-old Martin, father to 2-year-old twin sons, Valentino and Matteo, via a surrogate, announced the news in an email last March. It read, “I am proud to say that I am a fortunate homosexual man.”
Asked how he felt when he hit the ’send’ button, Martin told Winfrey, “I felt numb. Numb.”
He also said that though he was scared but he also felt relieved.
“But when I realized, okay, I just pressed send, whoo. And then I was alone. I was in my studio alone for a minute. My assistant walked in and I just started crying like a little baby. I started crying. And he had to hold me. He told me, please, he would grab me in the arms - in my arms. He goes, let it go. Let it go. Finally you’re free,” the pop sensation said. (ANI)
- Ricky Martin cried after revealing sexuality - Nov 03, 2010
- Changing dirty nappies not fun: Ricky Martin - Aug 02, 2011
- Ricky Martin talks openly about his sexuality, fatherhood on Oprah show - Oct 31, 2010
- Ricky Martin defends gay rights - Oct 16, 2011
- Finally, Ricky Martin opens up about sexuality, fatherhood - Oct 31, 2010
- Ricky Martin's sons taught him 'unconditional love' - Feb 02, 2011
- Ricky Martin doesn't feel lonely anymore - Jul 05, 2011
- Ricky Martin says he likes smart, witty men - Dec 18, 2010
- Ricky Martin now likes being home with sons - Jul 18, 2011
- Ricky Martin wants daughter - Jan 21, 2011
- Dad told me to be free and happy: Ricky Martin - Jul 12, 2011
- Winfrey set to make broadway debut - May 11, 2011
- In new year, Ricky Martin wants a baby girl - Jan 06, 2012
- Ricky Martin considering adoption - Dec 23, 2010
- Ricky Martin poses for photos for first time with his kids - Mar 22, 2012