Ricky Martin doesn’t feel lonely anymoreJuly 5th, 2011 - 2:27 pm ICT by IANS
London, July 5 (IANS) Singer Ricky Martin, who revealed last year that he is gay, feels protected by the love he receives from the gay community.
“I feel liberated. I feel in touch with myself. I feel protected. I don’t feel alone. Because sometimes when you’re quiet about yourself, you feel all alone. And all of a sudden you come out and have this amazing community, the LGBT (lesbian, gay, bisexual and trans-gender) community, who are giving you nothing but love,” contactmusic.com quoted the 39-year-old as saying.
“And if I focus on this, I get tears in my eyes because, oh my God, I wish everyone that was struggling right now could feel what I’m feeling as I’m talking to you. It’s just love coming from every f***ing direction,” he added.
The singer became a father to twins Matteo and Valentino through a surrogate mother in August 2008.
- Changing dirty nappies not fun: Ricky Martin - Aug 02, 2011
- Ricky Martin now likes being home with sons - Jul 18, 2011
- Ricky Martin wants daughter - Jan 21, 2011
- Ricky Martin to host Obama fund raiser - Apr 27, 2012
- Ricky Martin's sons taught him 'unconditional love' - Feb 02, 2011
- Ricky Martin defends gay rights - Oct 16, 2011
- Ricky Martin enjoys 'crazy' fatherhood - Feb 02, 2011
- Bollywood celebs slam Azad's comments on MSM - Jul 05, 2011
- Delhi draped in rainbow colours as gay walk for pride - Nov 28, 2010
- Madonna to support Russian gay community - Mar 23, 2012
- Capital to host 2nd edition of human rights film fest - Feb 02, 2012
- Campaigning for gay rights with Hillary Clinton - Jul 02, 2011
- Gay community, celebs, UNAIDS slam Azad's MSM remark (Lead) - Jul 05, 2011
- British gay club given government grant to induct lesbians - Jan 25, 2011
- Family acceptance protects LGBT youth against depression, suicide - Dec 07, 2010