Richard Gere May Come For Indian Premiere Of The DoubleJuly 26th, 2010 - 4:47 pm ICT by Sampurn Wire
July 26, 2010 (Sampurn Wire): Ashok Amritraj, the former Indian tennis star and the most successful man from India in Hollywood, is now planning to bring Richard Gere to India for the premiere of his latest movie The Double. The movie also stars Topher Grace, Martin Sheen, Stana Katic, and Moyer in important roles.
Amritraj, who is the chairman and CEO of Hyde Park Entertainment, has made a niche in Hollywood, is now planning to target the Asian market. He has worked with almost all the renowned studios in the West and has completed 100 films as a producer recently.
The producer says, “It will be a great job if we can premiere this film in India on an international level. Richard is coming to India; he will definitely be excited with the idea. I will try to make other cast join the Indian premiere of the film”.
The story of The Double is about Russian spies, CIA agents and also deals with the secret service at the time of the Cold War. It is a thriller movie.
Amritraj, who has been into the filmmaking business for more than 25 years in Los Angeles, regrets he could not push India to the limelight of Hollywood. He says, “The thousands of screenplays and scripts I receive in Hollywood on India are only about the slums in the country. They do not reflect the modern India, which is growing now. So, I have preferred to wait for the real kind of script”.
- Ashok Amitraj Signs Stana Katic For 'The Double' - Jun 28, 2010
- Richard Gere to work in Indian film? - Jan 10, 2012
- Want Indian stories that West connects to: Ashok Amritraj (Interview) - Feb 18, 2012
- Circuit and Chandramukhi Together? - May 22, 2010
- Hyde Park, Image Nation tie up with Nat Geo for films, TV series - Dec 26, 2011
- India Objects To Hollywood Film On Bhopal Gas Tragedy - Jun 22, 2010
- Sonia Agarwal in Silambarasan's Vaanam - Sep 16, 2010
- India a growing market for Hollywood films - Feb 15, 2012
- I Am Kalam To Be Screened In London Film Festival - Sep 20, 2010
- Vikram Kumar directs Vijay's 53rd film - Sep 03, 2010
- Ashok Amritraj to strike century with 'The Unbound Captives' - May 18, 2009
- Ranga The Donga Movie Review: Nothing To Offer To The Audience - Jan 03, 2011
- 'Predators' Are Back! - Jul 28, 2010
- Kissing episode: Cases against Shilpa Shetty shifted to Mumbai - Nov 21, 2011
- Scripting a new story for Bollywood scriptwriters (This is the second in a series by IANS on Bollywood's behind-the-scenes people) - Mar 26, 2011
Tags: ashok amritraj, asian market, cia agents, coming to india, filmmaking business, hyde park, hyde park entertainment, indian tennis, katic, limelight, martin sheen, modern india, moyer, richard gere, russian spies, screenplays, slums, successful man, tennis star, topher grace