Richa Sharma builds temple as tribute to parentsMarch 26th, 2011 - 9:43 pm ICT by IANS
New Delhi, March 26 (IANS) Singer Richa Sharma, popular for songs like “Billo rani”, “Sajda” and “Zor ka jhatka”, has built a Sai temple at her birthplace Faridabad in memory of her parents. She has also launched a special album dedicated to Sai Baba on the occasion.
Richa’s tryst with singing began with bhajans and devotional songs — thanks to her father Daya Shankar, a priest, and mother Manorama Devi.
“This temple is a 30-year-old dream of my father, who wanted to establish a huge idol of Sai Baba, where devotees can come, sit and enjoy the peace. But it wasn’t possible when he was alive. Today, I’m very pleased to fulfill my father’s dream,” Richa said in a press statement.
She launched an album “Sai Ki Tasveer” in association with music company Saregama India Ltd.
Talking about the album, she said: “It contains eight bhajans, which includes three to four qawwalis. I have sung all the bhajans, and in one bhajan, my friend, singer Vipin Aneja has given his voice.”
Saregama India Ltd hopes for a good response to the newly-launched album.
“We do our level best to make sure that our culture and tradition is kept alive so that our roots are not forgotten. In this age when people are moving away from faith, we want them to remember Sai Baba who taught morals of love, contentment, inner peace and devotion. So, we came up with the idea of ‘Sai Ki Tasveer’,” said Adarsh Gupta, music head, Saregama India Ltd.
“We are extremely proud and happy to be launching this new album by Richa. She has put in a lot of effort in the making of the Sai temple in Faridabad. With the passion and hard work that she has put into the album, we are sure to reach out to all the Sai Baba devotees and create a positive environment,” he added.
- Nepal devotees await Sathya Sai Baba's reincarnation - Apr 25, 2011
- Malaya-Indian devotees pay tribute to Sathya Sai Baba - Apr 25, 2011
- Malaysian devotees pay last respect to Sathya Sai Baba - Apr 25, 2011
- Richa Sharma turns rapper for 'Thank You Obama' - Nov 04, 2010
- Sai Baba's birth anniversary celebrations begin - Nov 18, 2011
- Replica of Shirdi Sai Baba temple in Mumbai - Dec 14, 2011
- Sukhwinder Singh releases bhajan album (With Images) - Jun 21, 2011
- Animated film on Shirdi Sai Baba to spread love, brotherhood - Oct 17, 2011
- Veecon Group Forays Into Music & Entertainment With Devotional Masterpieces - Oct 20, 2010
- Sai Baba's ashram resumes celebrating festivals - May 17, 2011
- Twitter abuzz with Sathya Sai Baba's death - Apr 25, 2011
- With Sai Baba gone, Puttaparthy faces uncertainty - Apr 28, 2011
- Sathya Sai Baba in melody - Oct 20, 2009
- Maharashtra celebrates Ram Navami - Mar 24, 2010
- Travelator to make Shirdi Sai Baba temple visit hassle-free - Nov 09, 2011
Tags: adarsh, aneja, bhajans, daya, devotees, devotional songs, faridabad, india ltd, inner peace, manorama, music company, music head, qawwalis, richa sharma, sai baba, sai temple, sajda, tribute to parents, vipin, zor ka jhatka