Rhys Ifans to star in Sir Ridley Scott’s NottinghamJune 22nd, 2009 - 6:04 pm ICT by ANI
London, Jun 22 (ANI): Welsh actor Rhys Ifans has signed on to star in Brit film director Sir Ridley Scott’s forthcoming movie ‘Nottingham’.
Ifans, 40, who will be playing the part of King Richard, was added to the cast six months after his ex-girlfriend Sienna Miller was booted from the new Robin Hood movie.
The actor is said to have agreed to the role after Scott personally invited him to join them.
“Ridley thought Rhys was a recognisable face fans would love to see and would be perfect for the part,” the Daily Express quoted a source as telling Britain’s Sunday Mirror.
“He made the call himself because he knew Rhys would be more likely to say yes to him in person.
“Luckily, Rhys had space in his schedule and jumped at the chance. But I’m not sure he would have joined up quite so easily if Sienna had still been one of the stars of the film,” the source added. (ANI)
- Sienna Miller's gracious congratulatory message to ex Rhys Ifans - Jun 27, 2009
- Ridley Scott's 'Robin Hood' to open annual Cannes Film Festival - Mar 27, 2010
- Crowe nearly quit 'Robin Hood' over script issues - Apr 06, 2010
- Miller dumped from Robin Hood remake - Jan 11, 2009
- 'Robin Hood' Russell Crowe gets stamped - May 07, 2010
- I didn't axe Miller from 'Robin Hood', says Crowe - Jan 29, 2010
- Cate Blanchett may replace Sienna Miller in Nottingham - Feb 10, 2009
- Cate Blanchett wanted to play Robin Hood - May 13, 2010
- Cate Blanchett to replace Sienna Miller in Robinhood movie? - Feb 09, 2009
- Russell Crowe's 'Robin Hood' opens the Cannes Film Festival - May 12, 2010
- Robin Hood really existed, believes Ridley Scott - May 15, 2010
- New Spider-Man movie named - Feb 15, 2011
- Movie Review: Robin Hood - Jun 11, 2010
- Sienna Miller admits she isn't perfect - Jan 22, 2011
- Robin Hood to premiere at the Cannes - Mar 27, 2010