RGV apologises to Mahie Gill for intimate scenesJuly 21st, 2011 - 2:33 am ICT by IANS
Mumbai, July 21 (IANS) Filmmaker Ram Gopal Varma’s movie “Not A Love Story” has a few intimate scenes. The director has now apologised to actress Mahie Gill for making her give those shots many times.
“The film required some intimate scenes and I wanted Mahie to do them a couple of times to get the right lighting, sometimes for camera angles and I know it’s not very easy to give such shots in front of the whole unit. So I just sent her a text message in a lighter vain apologising for that,” Varma said here Wednesday night.
“It was not that I was crying with guilt in the message, just a joking message,” he said.
The filmmaker - along with Mahie - launched the music of the film. The movie has just two songs, one of which is a revisited version of the song “Rangeela re” from Varma’s 1995 hit film “Rangeela”.
“I have used what this song ‘Rangeela re’ represents in terms of its spirit, its joy, its happiness, its attitude and everything positive in life in a completely opposite way and it became the story of a girl who wanted to be an actress but went on to a completely different track,” said the 51-year-old director.
“Not a Love Story” is a crime thriller based on the gruesome murder of Neeraj Grover in 2008 that led to the arrest of Emile Jerome and Maria Susairaj. It also stars Deepak Dobriyal and Ajay Gehi along with Mahie. The movie is set to release Aug 19.
Varma also announced that the film was not a biopic but was inspired by the case.
- It was difficult working in 'Not A Love Story': Mahie Gill - Jul 21, 2011
- 'Not A Love Story' - another crime story from Varma (IANS Preview) - Aug 17, 2011
- If I've a role for Maria Susairaj, I won't hesitate: RGV - Aug 12, 2011
- RGV deserves standing ovation: Mahesh Bhatt - Aug 17, 2011
- Harman's fitness mantra! (Film Snippets) - Jul 14, 2011
- Now RGV wants Maria to see 'Not A Love Story' - Aug 16, 2011
- I feel awkward doing intimate scenes: Mahie Gill - Aug 02, 2011
- Film on Neeraj Grover's murder psyches out actor - Jul 05, 2011
- 'Not a Love Story' is not a biopic: RGV - Jun 30, 2011
- Ramu's 'love story' on Maria Susairaj's crime of passion! - Apr 07, 2011
- I want to sign Maria Susairaj for a film: RGV - Jul 01, 2011
- 'Not A Love Story' leaves you open-mouthed (IANS Hindi Film Review) - Aug 20, 2011
- RGV lodges complaint against BJP youth activists (Lead superseding earlier story) - Jul 05, 2011
- RGV lodges complaint against BJP youth activists - Jul 05, 2011
- They deserved death penalty: Grover's father - Jul 01, 2011
Tags: actress, apologises, apologising, biopic, camera angles, crime thriller, emile, filmmaker, gehi, grover, gruesome murder, guilt, intimate scenes, love story, neeraj, ram gopal varma, story of a girl, text message, two songs, wednesday night