Reward Offered for Tips Leading to Arrests in ‘Earth, Wind & Fire’ RiotAugust 24th, 2010 - 1:41 am ICT by Angela Kaye Mason
Aug 23 (THAINDIAN NEWS) The authorities are offering a reward for any tips which lead to the arrest of rioters who were involved in the ‘Earth Wind and Fire’ concert riots which occurred over the weekend at Fort Collins.
In a press release which was issued today (Monday), Former Fort Collins Mayor Ray Martinez who is now a member of the board of Crime Stoppers stated; “Crime Stoppers of Larimer County will pay money for tips that lead to the arrest of those people who were participating in the riot this past weekend in downtown Fort Collins.”
Martinez suggested that the police could be posting video footage and photos of the events on the Internet, which ma help the public to identify those people who were involved in the crimes. So far, however, the police have refused to release the images and video, since it is still on ongoing investigation.
At least fourteen people were injured when three fights broke out which led to a huge riot involving around 400 people. Bottles were thrown at police, cars were damaged, store windows were shattered, and fires were set as the riot progressed after the concert had ended. “This is more than ‘just a riot’ or an ‘over-sized party. It is a crime,” Martinez wrote. “We believe that when people are held accountable they are less likely to repeat their behavior.”
“It is a crime to destroy property. It is a crime to arbitrarily assault people. It is a crime to refuse to follow lawful orders of the police. And it is a crime to intimidate people,” he went on to say. The riot lasted several hours, and caused great damage to stores, cars, and vendor tents which were burned and broken. Some onlookers were thrown through shop windows and seriously injured.
After patio furniture and bottles were thrown at police officers, they warned the crowds to disperse several times. After the rioters failed to stop, the police were forced to bring in tear gas, and pepper spray in order to calm the situation.
Anyone who has any information can call the Crime Stoppers hotline at 970-221-6868, where they will receive a secret ID number so that they can make a reward claim. Tips can also be left on the webpage at www.StopCriminals.org.
- Riots erupt in London after fatal shooting (Lead) - Aug 07, 2011
- London riots: Over 100 policemen, five service dogs injured - Aug 10, 2011
- London violence spirals, over 560 held (Fourth Lead) - Aug 10, 2011
- Riot at an Earth, Wind & Fire concert, 14 injured - Aug 24, 2010
- Australia releases most wanted criminals list - Jul 25, 2011
- Vigilantes clash with police in London - Aug 11, 2011
- Police got tactics wrong, says Cameron as 1,300 held for riots (Lead) - Aug 11, 2011
- 450 held as riots singe Britain (Third Lead) - Aug 09, 2011
- Balloon Boy's Parents Get "UFO" Balloon Back! - May 16, 2010
- Act against Mumbai rioters: activist - Aug 19, 2012
- Three killed in latest prison riot in northern Mexico - Feb 22, 2012
- Earth Wind And Fire Concert Crowd Turn Rowdy - Sep 04, 2010
- Cameron to rioters: You will feel full force of law - Aug 09, 2011
- Rioters tried to torch car with baby - Aug 08, 2011
- Cholera Epidemic Spurs Riots in Haiti - Nov 18, 2010
Tags: crime stoppers, earth wind and fire, earth wind and fire concert, earth wind fire, fort collins, larimer county, lawful orders, member of the board, onlookers, patio furniture, pepper spray, police cars, ray martinez, riot, rioters, shop windows, store windows, tear gas, video footage, wind and fire