Review Of ‘The Walking Dead’November 2nd, 2010 - 7:38 pm ICT by Sampurn Wire
November 2, 2010 (Sampurn Wire): It forgoes without saying that the ‘The Walking Dead’ series is by far one of the most highly anticipated shows this fall season. If you are zombie horror fan, then this show will give you everything you could possibly want and more than that. The drama aired on a network that is responsible for series like ‘Mad Men’, ‘Breaking Bad’ made it a must-watch. To make matters more enticing, the first episode (the series premiere) was directed by Frank Darabont. You might remember Darabont as the guy who directed the cult classic ‘Shawshank Redemption’.
To start things off, the first episode was nothing short of amazing, it did everything like a clockwork. It introduced some of the key characters of show, although we are sure some other important characters might be added as the season goes along.
The unique selling point of a zombie show has to be its costume and makeup, ‘The Walking Dead’ does a wonderful job in this section. The chilling, spine-tingling horror elements of a zombie flick is present in this show and it will surely keep you glued to the seat. Rick Grimes is the best protagonist for this show, the look of confusion and bewilderment makes him stand out. The way Rick assumes the role of a leader is very inspiring.
The first episode of ‘the Walking Dead’ left us hungry for more. The show is not about killing zombies; it also follows around each character and shows the moral and emotional implications of a zombie show. Consider this show as an extended zombie horror flick that will give you a complete insight into a zombie apocalypse, so get that tub of popcorn before you start watching the show (By the way don’t forget to have your shotgun nearby!)
- 'The Walking Dead' Season 2 Starts With Halloween Celebration - Nov 01, 2010
- "The Walking Dead" On AMC Gets Attention - Nov 01, 2010
- "The Walking Dead" Cast Members Name Their Favorite Horror Films - Nov 01, 2010
- "The Walking Dead" Episode 2 Gets Attention - Nov 08, 2010
- AMC's "The Walking Dead" Writing Staff Fired? - Dec 03, 2010
- "The Walking Dead" Of AMC Renewed For Second Season - Nov 09, 2010
- The Walking Dead Will Take A Year’s Hiatus Before Walking Again - Dec 05, 2010
- "The Walking Dead" Executive Producer Gale Ann Hurd Denies Staff Firing, Speaks About Season 2 - Dec 06, 2010
- Walking Dead Season 3 trailer released - Jul 16, 2012
- Rick Grimes Unites With His Family In The Latest Episode Of "The Walking Dead" - Nov 15, 2010
- The Walking Dead, Season One – Rave Reviews - Dec 14, 2010
- Review of Castle's 'Under The Gun' - Oct 08, 2010
- The Walking Dead Episode 5: Zombies Attach At Night In 'Wildfire' - Nov 29, 2010
- Susan Sarandon would love to be a part 'Glee' - Sep 20, 2010
- Zombie studies now on Baltimore University curriculum! - Sep 08, 2010
Tags: bewilderment, costume and makeup, cult, frank darabont, horror elements, horror fan, horror flick, mad men, november 2, popcorn, protagonist, role of a leader, series premiere, shawshank redemption, shotgun, spine, unique selling point, zombie apocalypse, zombie flick, zombies