Review of Tashan: The most awaited Bollywood Movie of 2008April 25th, 2008 - 8:46 pm ICT by amritpal
The most awaited movie of 2008 is here: Tashan. The movie has an impressive starcast: Akshay Kumar, Kareena Kapoor, Saif Ali Khan and Anil Kapoor. It promised oodles of ishtyle and substance. But the story stops there. The storyline, or the lack of it makes it another Yashraj film on the Box Office. Though the second half is slightly better, it is by no means a reprise from the torture. Some of the dialogues are just average, some are not even there. Anil Kapoor’s urge to speak Hinglish is gripping initially, but then it becomes irritating. Akshay Kumar is good as Bachchan Pandey, just that his stunts could have been better filmed. The script has abrupt stops for songs and it just breaks the rhythm, if at all any. Dil Haara and Chaliya are excusable, rest could have been avoided.
The director has not done justice to the piece of reels used. The placements of the scene is not very logical and the locations change absurdly. The fight sequences are average, but very unrealistic. Every Bollywood movie is moving away from realistic fight sequences for the past few years and the audience is not liking it always.
AkshayKumar is good in the movie and the confidence fro 4 major hits in 2007 is clearly visible. Saif and Kareena look sizzling, but no performances at all. Anil Kapoor has also managed to perform, but nothing to match the power packed performance of Akki. Akshay’s presence in the movie is sure to give it a huge opening on the first weekend. but nothing can be said beyond that. Lets wait and watch.
Al in all, no content, no quality. Tashan provides only the ishtyle.
Rating: 2 out of 5. Avoidable.
Characters and Storyline:
Akshay Kumar - Bachchan Pande is an electricity stealer. He can climb, jump and fly with the support of just about anything. He can break all bones of the body and the result will always be 100%.
Kareena Kapoor - Pooja Singh is a girl whom you just can’t trust. She doesn’t mind playing with anyone’s feeling to achieve her goal. She uses her beauty and jawani as her main tool to make others dance to her tunes.
Saif Ali Khan - Jimmy Cliff works at a call center but his main job is to flirt with girls. He is not a bad guy but doesn’t mind turning to one just to survive. He is more like a chameleon in his characters. He changes his side just to escape out safe and sound.
Anil Kapoor - Lakhan Singh urf Bhaiyyaji is a trigger-happy gangster who enjoys gunning down people and speaking English in his own inimitable style.
Bhaiyyaji is hoping to sign a big project with some foreign delegates. But just then Pooja with the help of Jimmy steals his money. Pooja abandons Jimmy and runs away with the money. Just then Bachchan Pande comes into the scene. He is appointed by Bhaiyaaji to catch hold of Pooja and get him his money back. In search of money they all go on an adventurous journey across spectacular India that changes the course of their life altogether.
- MAX ki to har baat 'TASHAN' hai - Jun 15, 2009
- Fashionable Kareena Kapoor rocks B-town - Feb 23, 2010
- Kareena to honour real-life bodyguards - Aug 18, 2011
- Kareena looks good only with me: Saif - Jan 25, 2012
- Saif Moves Out, Abhishek Enters In Race 2! - Sep 04, 2010
- Saif Ali Khan, Kareena Kapoor: Not Too Pleased With The Spoof In Toonpur - Dec 18, 2010
- I am scared of bike riding: Kareena - Dec 05, 2011
- Dual roles back in B-town: One ticket, double mazaa - Jun 20, 2012
- Kareena Kapoor: Cast Opposite Abhishek Bachchan In Dostana 2 - Jan 22, 2011
- I hope Salman gets cured completely: Kareena Kapoor - Aug 30, 2011
- I'm lucky to get Saif as partner: Kareena Kapoor (Interview) - Aug 25, 2010
- Get set for comedy, thrillers in 2012 - Jan 01, 2012
- Trade analysts pin hopes on 'Tashan' - Apr 23, 2008
- 'Main Khiladi Tu Anari' sequel won't happen: Saif - May 06, 2011
- Bollywood badshahs: 40-plus and reigning (Feature) - Jul 28, 2011