Review Of ‘Sivappu Samy’: Typical Family Rivalry Spoiling The Romance!January 7th, 2011 - 2:33 pm ICT by Sampurn Wire
Film: Sivappu Samy
Cast: Gopichand, Trisha, Satya Raj
Sivappu Samy is yet another typical ‘masala’ film with romance, action and family rivalry. Director Shiva has cast Kollywood star Trisha and Gopichand as the lead pair in this film. It is yet another action film of Gopichand.
In the first half, the movie is set in Sydney and no one can guess that it will be full of so much of action sequences in the second half. The first half of the movie gives a romantic feel. The lead hero Chandu (Gopichand) will be seen living with his uncle Krishnaiah (Chandramohan), who brought him up. He is a happy-go-lucky man and is very fond of action.
One day he gets to see Mahalakshmi (Trisha) hitting a man and then he starts feeling for her instantly. He tries to impress her through various acts. However, things take another turn when the girl’s aunt comes to take her back to India. Now, Mahalakshmi realizes that she also loves Chandu.
As expected, both the love birds return to their homeland only to find that their fathers are arch rivals. Actor Satyaraj plays Chandu’s father Sivaiah and Kota plays Mahalakshmi’s father Pashupathi. The two zamindars are continuing their age old rivalry and they try to show down each other whenever they get an opportunity. Sivaiah is aiming to attack Pashupathi’s brother, who was in exile and is coming back. At this point of time, both of the rivals get to know about the affair between their children.
So, naturally, a high ended action sequence has to follow after this. One will keep waiting to see when the action will give a break but it does not end till the end.
Sivappu Samy gives totally two different scenarios in the two halves of the movie. The first half is set in the glamour world of Sydney and the second half takes the viewers to a village in Andhra Pradesh. So, it might attract the audience from both urban and rural backgrounds.
- Gopichand busy shooting 'Sankham' in Sydneys - Jul 01, 2009
- 'Sankham' shooting in progress at RFC - Jul 29, 2009
- Sankham- shooting in progress - Jul 24, 2009
- 'Pilla Zamindar' is above average (Telugu Movie Review) - Oct 15, 2011
- 'Mogudu' an average tale of emotional bonding (Telugu Film Review) - Nov 05, 2011
- 'Rowthiram' too long to be entertaining (Tamil Movie Review) - Aug 14, 2011
- 'God Father' treat for Upendra fans (Kannada Movie Review) - Jul 29, 2012
- Trisha is back in Tollywood - Sep 20, 2010
- 'Sankham' audio launched - Aug 22, 2009
- 'Bejawada' another dud from Ram Gopal Varma (Telugu Movie Review) - Dec 02, 2011
- 'SMS' good time pass, worth the money! (Telugu Movie Review) - Feb 12, 2012
- 'Chirru' - well made entertainer (Kannada Movie Review) - Nov 20, 2010
- 'Gandedhe' - old story, poor direction (Kannada Film Review) - Jul 31, 2010
- Avoid 'Aaptha', a half-baked, boring movie (Kannada Movie Review) - Feb 27, 2011
- Thanks to weak script, 'Anna Bond' boring (Kannada Movie Review) - May 04, 2012
Tags: action film, action sequence, action sequences, acts, arch rivals, audience, birds, chandramohan, exile, family rivalry, glamour world, gopichand, hero, kota, lucky man, romance film, scenarios, second half, trisha, typical family