Rest in peace Elizabeth Taylor, Bollywood celebs tweetMarch 24th, 2011 - 1:44 am ICT by IANS
New Delhi, March 24 (IANS) Hollywood legend Elizabeth Taylor’s death Wednesday left many Bollywood celebrities like Amitabh Bachchan, Abhishek Bachchan and Madhur Bhandarkar mourning for the “beautiful”, “iconic” and “original sex symbol”.
Taylor, who was being treated in a hospital in Los Angeles, died of congestive heart failure. The Britain-born Hollywood star, considered to be one of the greatest actresses of all times, was 79.
Bollywood celebrities took to micro-blogging site Twitter after her death was confirmed. Here’s what some of them posted:
Amitabh Bachchan: And another sad moment! Elizabeth Taylor passes away! God’s creation in abundance … now reduced to dust! The way for all someday.
Abhishek Bachchan: Landed back in Mumbai to the sad news that Elizabeth Taylor passed on. R.I.P (Rest in peace). One of the most beautiful women ever!
Madhur Bhandarkar: Elizabeth Taylor, the ultimate iconic actress, RIP. The world will never forget the role of immortal CLEOPATRA!!!
Mallika Sherawat: She was one of a kind and one of my greatest inspirations…May she RIP.
Neil Nitin Mukesh: RIP Elizabeth Taylor! True beauty! Great lady with super courage. A fighter!
Minissha Lamba: A legend passes away… She will always be to me a girl’s vision of Cleopatra…the most beautiful woman who ever lived.
Vishal Dadlani: Liz Taylor gone. I’m speechless. Another true icon gone!
Neha Dhupia: RIP Elizabeth Taylor… the original sex symbol passes away!
Sophie Choudry: Hollywood icon Elizabeth Taylor is sadly no more! Who can ever forget her as the beautiful Cleopatra? They don’t make them like her anymore! R.I.P.
Maria Goretti: We will miss you Ms. Fiesty Elizabeth Taylor….R.I.P.
Aftab Shivdasani: R.I.P. Hollywood legend Elizabeth Taylor…Another era ends.
Maheep Kapoor (jewellery designer and wife of actor Sanjay Kapoor): Sad … RIP Elizabeth Taylor … She was the last of the original legendary sex symbols…god just doesn’t make them like her anymore.
Soniya Mehra: The original sexy lady Elizabeth Tailor passes away. So sad… R.I.P She was a legend.
- Bollywood mourns Tiger Pataudi's death - Sep 22, 2011
- Pandit Joshi's music will ring forever in our hearts: Bollywood - Jan 24, 2011
- Indians loved Elizabeth Taylor, the original Hollywood diva - Mar 24, 2011
- Bollywood remembers 'immortal' Mehdi Hassan - Jun 13, 2012
- Film critic Nikhat Kazmi dies - Jan 20, 2012
- Bollywood mourns death of filmmaker Raj Kanwar - Feb 03, 2012
- Bollywood pays tribute ot Ashok Mehta - Aug 15, 2012
- Jagjit Singh brought soul to film songs, says Bollywood - Oct 10, 2011
- Mona Kapoor passes away, B-town mourns - Mar 25, 2012
- Kareena's 'Heroine' to have snippets of Hollywood beauties - May 31, 2010
- Kareena Gets 3-Hour Documentary Of Hollywood Legends To Portray Madhur Bhandarkar's Heroine - May 31, 2010
- B-wood mourns Dara Singh's death - Jul 12, 2012
- Battle over Liz Taylor memoirs begins just days after her death - Mar 25, 2011
- Bollywood salutes 'pure genius' Tony Scott - Aug 20, 2012
- 'Gautam Rajadhyaksha was a pioneer in glamour photography' - Sep 13, 2011
Tags: abhishek bachchan, aftab shivdasani, bollywood celebrities, congestive heart failure, heart failure, hollywood icon, hollywood legend, hollywood star, madhur bhandarkar, mallika sherawat, neha dhupia, nitin mukesh, peace one, s vision, sad moment, sanjay kapoor, sex symbols, sophie choudry, true icon, vishal dadlani