‘Resident Evil’ stage collapse injures 16 peopleOctober 11th, 2011 - 11:37 pm ICT by Aishwarya Bhatt
Toronto, Oct 11 (THAINDIAN NEWS) 16 people were injured when the stage of Resident Evil 5 collapsed on Tuesday. The injured which include actors and crew members were rushed to the hospital.
The filming was taking place in the Canadian city of Toronto when the accident happened. The Canadian police have confirmed the accident and say the actors were moving from one side of the stage to another point when the accident happened. The actors were reportedly dressed as zombies and filming was taking place when the accident happened.
Emergency teams including the Fire Department were called to the studios. Interestingly, the Toronto Star newspaper reports that the ambulance service had to double check to see who was really bleeding and who had fake blood on the set.
Officials say none of the injury is considered life-threatening. Ten of the injured were reportedly taken to a local hospital where they were treated.
Resident Evil is a famous franchise. It has been made into games and other forms of entertainment. The movie was the fifth in the history of the franchise which made Ukrainian-born American actress Milla Jovovich.
The movie was being filmed at the Cinespace’s Kipling studio in west Toronto. The project is expected to be released on the 14th of September 2012.
- Milla Jovovich talks about her food habits - Oct 11, 2011
- Milla Jovovich on her career and family life - Oct 13, 2010
- A 'badass' Jovovich in 'Resident Evil' - Sep 14, 2012
- Milla Jovovich stars in "Three Musketeers" - Sep 08, 2010
- Resident Evil sequel is a blockbuster hit - Sep 13, 2010
- Milla Jovovich 'tougher than Angelina Jolie' - Sep 14, 2010
- I'd love to work with Salman Khan: Milla Jovovich - Sep 28, 2011
- 'Avatar' technology for fourth 'Resident Evil' instalment (With Images) - Apr 07, 2010
- Milla Jovovich says it was 'super cool' working with Robert De Niro - Sep 15, 2010
- 'Resident Evil: AfterLife' Hits The Screens - Sep 10, 2010
- Eva Mendes won't star in 'Resident Evil: Afterlife' - Nov 10, 2009
- 'Dark Knight Rises' Batwing crashes during filming - Aug 15, 2011
- Aishwarya's sword fight inspires Milla Jovovich - Oct 14, 2011
- Milla Jovovich 'wept with joy after landing lead role in Robert De Niro flick' - Oct 07, 2010
- 'The Town' box office success shocks Affleck - Sep 20, 2010
Tags: ambulance service, american actress, canadian police, cinespace, city of toronto, crew members, emergency teams, fake blood, fire department, forms of entertainment, kipling, local hospital, milla jovovich, newspaper reports, oct 11, resident evil, resident evil 5, toronto star newspaper, west toronto, zombies