‘Resident Evil: Afterlife’ rules weekend box office with $27.7 mn grossSeptember 13th, 2010 - 5:21 pm ICT by ANI
Washington, Sep 13 (ANI): ‘Resident Evil: Afterlife’-the latest flick in the series has scored the number one position at the box-office, and a franchise-best with a 27.7 million dollar debut.
The film is not only the series’ best-opening movie, but it’s the first one to be shot in 3D.
And the three-week old ‘Takers’ with 6.1 million dollar weekend gross held on the best, moving up to second place, reports E! Online.
George Clooney’s ‘The American’ fell to the third position with 5.9 million dollars.
Wrapping up the top five were Robert Rodriguez’s ‘Machete’ and ‘Going the Distance’ with 4.2 million and 3.8 million dollars respectively.
Here’s a complete look at the weekend’s top-grossing films, per Friday-Sunday estimates compiled by Exhibitor Relations:
1. Resident Evil: Afterlife, 27.7 million dollars
2. Takers, 6.1 million dollars
3. The American, 5.9 million dollars
4. Machete, 4.2 million dollars
5. Going the Distance, 3.8 million dollars
6. The Other Guys, 3.6 million dollars
7. The Last Exorcism, 3.5 million dollars
8. The Expendables, 3.3 million dollars
9. Inception, 3 million dollars
10. Eat Pray Love, 2.9 million dollars (ANI)
- Clooney's 'The American' is biggest grosser at this week's box-office - Sep 06, 2010
- Ben Affleck's 'The Town' tops weekend box office with $23.8m - Sep 20, 2010
- Clooney's 'The American' tops US box-office - Sep 06, 2010
- Michael Douglas' 'Wall Street 2' tops weekend box-office with $19m - Sep 27, 2010
- 'The Roommate' tops Super Bowl-sapped weekend box office - Feb 07, 2011
- 'True Grit' rules the charts on first 2011 weekend - Jan 10, 2011
- Russell Brand's 'Hop' tops US box office with $38.1m debut - Apr 04, 2011
- 'Despicable Me' beats 'Eclipse' to top box office - Jul 12, 2010
- 'Toy Story 3' remains top box-office grosser despite Tom Cruise comeback - Jun 28, 2010
- 'Expendables' is highest grossing movie at the box office - Aug 23, 2010
- 'Rio' tops Easter weekend box-office earnings - Apr 25, 2011
- 'Resident Evil' Makes A Killing at the Box Office - Sep 13, 2010
- Sly's 'Expendables' beats Roberts' 'Eat Pray Love' to top weekend box office - Aug 16, 2010
- Resident Evil sequel is a blockbuster hit - Sep 13, 2010
- 'Inception' tops weekend box office by raking in $43.5 mn - Jul 26, 2010
Tags: , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , ,