Reshmi Ghosh and Amit Gupta to tie the knot soonMay 26th, 2009 - 6:58 pm ICT by Sampurn Wire
Reshmi Ghosh who shot to fame as Bhoomi in Kyunki Saas Bhi Kabhi Bahu Thi is on cloud no. 9 nowadays. Guess why? Her tenure of her 5 long years with boyfriend Amit Gupta has finally taken the shape of marriage.
“Yes, finally I am getting married”, says an excited Reshmi. “I have dreamt of marriage since childhood and now finally it is happening with me. Once we wrap up Nach Baliye maybe…Most probably early next year we will tie the knot”.
“Amit and I have been dating each other past 5 years. 5 years is long enough to know that one can spend his/her life with their partners. I know Amit in and out. He is the kind of guy always dreamt of. We understand each other very well and that is what makes a relationship”, says Reshmi confidently.
Reshmi still is not confirming her marriage dates. She says, “It is for our parents to decide. I always wanted to get married to a marwari and after meeting Amit I knew he is the one. The one with whom I can spend my life with. I am in love with the marwari culture and I am happy Amit is a marwari”.
Reshmi says she hope to have a big fat Indian wedding.
“I want to do it in a very grand way. A wedding of 11 days with all my friends and relatives,” says the actress.
So will it follow Amit’s marwari culture or Reshmi’s Bengali tradition?
“I really haven’t thought about it as of now! But shaadi ke baad ladke ke yahaan ka culture hi follow kiya jaata hai,” she says.
Reshmi says she will let everyone know once her marriage dates are out. “I am too excited to know when I am getting married and so I will tell the whole world too”.
Amit and Reshmi met at Namit Kapoor’s acting school. Soon after that they became very good friends and gradually they became a couple.
The duo can be presently seen swirling to the tunes of bollywood numbers on Nach Baliye 4.
- Aamir's proposal was the moment of my life: Sanjeeda (With Images) - Jan 11, 2012
- Medium not important for Sushant Singh Rajput (TV Snippets) (With Images) - Aug 03, 2012
- I play a traditional Marwari woman: Nausheen on comeback show - Mar 27, 2011
- I'm in no hurry to marry Krushna: Kashmera Shah - Jul 07, 2010
- My marriage plans jinxed: Veena Malik (With Images) - Jun 26, 2012
- Marriage was not Alves priority till it happened - Aug 02, 2012
- Klum unsure about marriage - Jul 05, 2012
- Aamir Ali set for TV comeback in comic avatar - Mar 26, 2011
- 'Bigg Boss' house atmosphere very different: Pooja Bedi - Nov 27, 2011
- Pooja Bose ecstatic over her Bengali debut - Feb 16, 2012
- Amrapali is now part of me: Actor Yash Sinha - Aug 06, 2012
- I'm a firm believer in marriage: Clooney's girlfriend - Jun 09, 2011
- I'm getting married this year: Kalki Koechlin - Apr 25, 2011
- Kalki-Kashyap wedding set for April 30 (Lead) - Apr 25, 2011
- Russian spy Anna Chapman pours her heart out - Apr 17, 2011
Tags: acting school, actress, amit gupta, baad, bengali, bhoomi, good friends, indian wedding, ka, knot, kyunki saas bhi kabhi bahu thi, marriage, marwari, relatives, reshmi ghosh, saas bhi kabhi, saas bhi kabhi bahu thi, shaadi, tenure, tunes