Renowned Actor Steve Landesberg Passes Away At 65December 21st, 2010 - 7:01 pm ICT by GD
By Gina Gomez
Dec 21, (THAINDIAN NEWS) Steve Landesberg, who was well known for his role as Arthur P. Dietrich in the famous ABC sitcom “Barney Miller” breathed his last on Monday. His representative, Jeffrey Leavitt released a statement on Monday afternoon announcing the news to the media. The highly acclaimed actor was 65-years-old. He is survived by his wife Nancy Ross Landesberg and his daughter Elizabeth.
Jeffrey Leavitt did not specify the cause of Steve Landesberg’s death but only reported the loss of his “client and friend”. However, the media outlets reported that the actor had been fighting against cancer from a long time and on Monday he lost his battle and passed away. Steve Landesberg’s family was not available for any comments and they have not announced the funeral date of the actor. Jeffrey Leavitt expressed his condolence at the sad demise of the “Ghost Whisperer” actor and said that working with the veteran actor was an honor for him in both his personal and professional life. The representative also said that he would miss Steve Landesberg’s presence.
Shirley Jones, who worked with the actor in “The Cleaner” expressed his condolences and said that the Steve Landesberg was a wonderful comedian and a commendable actor who gave his best in his every performance. The actor rose to stardom with his popular series “Barney Miller”. While speaking about his hit series, Steve Landesberg previously said that he is not like Arthur P. Dietrich (the role he played) as his character reads technology, science, economics but in real life he is not interested in reading so many things. Steve Landesberg also acted in many other sitcoms and received appreciation for his role in the movie “Forgetting Sarah Marshall”.
- Actor Steve Landesberg from 'Barney Miller' TV series dead at 65 - Dec 22, 2010
- Opera Singer Shirley Verrett Dies At 79 - Nov 07, 2010
- 'Happy Days' Actor Tom Bosley dead at 83 - Oct 20, 2010
- "Bonnie And Clyde" Director Arthur Penn Passes Away At 88 - Oct 03, 2010
- Sheen miffed with 'Two And a Half Men' boss - Apr 30, 2011
- James MacArthur of 'Hawaii Five-O' Dies age 72 - Oct 29, 2010
- How I Met Your Mother Season 6 premieres - Sep 22, 2010
- Double Celebration For Jaleel White - Jun 10, 2010
- Owen never wanted stardom - Aug 13, 2012
- Coach Jim Leavitt fired - Jan 09, 2010
- Chinatown star Joe Mantell dies at the age of 94 years - Oct 01, 2010
- Paul Giamatti Wins The Golden Globe For Best Actor In Comic Role - Jan 17, 2011
- 'Episodes' “Painfully” Reminds Steven Moffat About The Channel Executives - Jan 12, 2011
- Why was Sheen sacked from sitcom? - Jun 26, 2012
- Australia's 1948 Invincibles team member Sam Loxton dies - Dec 03, 2011
Tags: abc sitcom, barney miller, condolence, condolences, daughter elizabeth, forgetting sarah marshall, funeral date, ghost whisperer, gina gomez, leavitt, nancy ross, news to the media, professional life, renowned actor, sad demise, shirley jones, sitcoms, steve landesberg, veteran actor, wife nancy