Renner excited to play Steve McQueen in biopicAugust 14th, 2012 - 3:45 pm ICT by IANS
Los Angeles, Aug 14 (IANS) Jeremy Renner is on a high ever since he has been finalised to play legendary actor Steve McQueen in the forthcoming biopic.
The movie is reportedly loosely based on author Marshall Terrill’s 1993 biography “Steve McQueen: Portrait Of An American Rebel”, reports contactmusic.com.
“I think he’s an icon. I’ve seen quite a few of his movies and I just thought he would be a really interesting guy to explore. The film will be more a slice of life rather than an entire life, but we’re still figuring it out. I can’t wait to jump into it,” Renner said.
“Biopics are really tough. It’s hard to tell someone’s life story in two hours. He was a walking dichotomy, The most stingy and frugal person, and then the most giving. And his upbringing was interesting,” he added.
Renner was last seen in the movie, “The Bourne Legacy”.
- Brad Pitt to play Steve McQueen? - Jan 16, 2009
- Water challenge toughest: Renner - Aug 13, 2012
- Renner wants 'Bourne' film with Matt Damon - Dec 11, 2011
- No exercise making Renner happy - Aug 02, 2012
- Brad Pitt may play Steve McQueen in a biopic - Jan 16, 2009
- 'The Bourne Legacy' - interesting reboot, but not exciting enough (IANS Movie Review) - Aug 11, 2012
- Going unnoticed is easy, says Rachel Weisz - Jul 25, 2012
- I got married to my career: Jeremy Renner - Aug 04, 2012
- West wants to build amusement park - May 30, 2012
- Jeremy Renner will act in 'Mission Impossible 4' - Aug 28, 2010
- Jessica Parker honours designer Alexander Mcqueen - Jun 09, 2010
- New non-fictions are simplifying realities for drawing room talk - Mar 24, 2012
- James Franco to star in The Bourne Legacy? - Nov 05, 2010
- Pitt, Fassbender team up again - Oct 27, 2011
- Family is most important for Ben Affleck - Sep 26, 2010