Remo all set for next directorial ventureAugust 12th, 2009 - 11:25 pm ICT by Sampurn Wire
After garnering loads of critical-acclaim for his debut venture Lal Paharer Katha (a story of the red hills) a Bengali film, in Dubai International Film Festival, the choreographer Remo has now stepped into mainstream cinema. The film titled Faltu would be Remo’s first Hindi commercial film.
Confirming the news with us was Chandan Roy Sanyal- Mikhail of Kaminey fame, who has been signed for one of the character-oriented roles. “I was approached by Remo to do one of the roles. Faltu basically is a satire on today’s education system,” explains Chandan.
Faltu is a comedy, which would see none other than Amitabh Bachchan and Om Puri in the lead roles. Female lead has yet not been decided. The film will be going on floors in the month of September.
-Esha Razdan/ Sampurn Media
- Calling the shots: From Dancing to Directing! - Sep 16, 2009
- Remo to make his next film with 'DID' contestants - Dec 30, 2011
- Tough to promote Indian dance: Remo D'Souza - Jun 24, 2012
- Vivek Agnihotri's next a political thriller (Movie snippets) - Feb 20, 2011
- Shahid looks up to debutant Chandan - Aug 08, 2009
- Madhuri is like lady Michael Jackson: Remo D'Souza - Jan 31, 2011
- Remo D'Souza hospitalised - Oct 04, 2011
- Chandan aspires to act in Gowarikar's next - Sep 02, 2009
- Ashutosh Gowariker's offer rejected by newcomer! - Dec 10, 2009
- Kaminey's Mikhail to star in Hema Malini's production - Oct 21, 2009
- Remo abandons Vashu Bhagnani for next film? - Apr 09, 2011
- Sanjay Baba Bails Out Flop Jackky Bhagnani - Sep 18, 2009
- Chandan was not Vishal Bhardwaj's discovery - Aug 08, 2009
- Sanjay bails out Jackky Bhagnani, signs 'Faltu' - Sep 18, 2009
- Rai makes real-life characters turn into reel-life - Aug 10, 2009
Tags: amitabh bachchan, bengali film, chandan, choreographer, comedy, commercial film, critical acclaim, debut venture, directorial venture, education system, fame, international film festival, lal, mainstream cinema, om puri, razdan, s education, satire