Reliance MediaWorks to provide digital video libraryOctober 1st, 2011 - 4:14 pm ICT by IANS
New Delhi, Oct 1 (IANS) Reliance MediaWorks has tied up with video management and licensing service provider Thought Equity Motion, Inc to offer integrated “smart content” to players in advertising, film, television, publishing and interactive media.
Reliance MediaWorks, the film and media services firm of the Anil Dhirubhai Ambani Group, will provide video footage to film studios, broadcasters and sports bodies as they move to digital file-based workflows and expand their distribution avenues across new media such as tablets, 3G, and HD streaming.
Reliance MediaWorks will help clients increase the accessibility and value of their content libraries through Thought Equity Motion’s cloud-based video platform.
“We’ll make available to Indian media companies the world’s deepest stock footage collection and will also be able to generate new utility and monetization for local film libraries,” said Chief Executive Officer (CEO) of Reliance MediaWorks Anil Arjun, in a statement.
“In listening to the needs of our India customers we recognized the need for this solution to enable content to be searchable, accessible and monetisable,” said senior Vice President (Business Development) of Reliance MediaWorks Jim Hannafin.
Thought Equity Motion licenses sports, news, entertainment, editorial and creative content. It works with more than 400 rights holders globally to store, manage, and monetize their libraries.
“We’re excited to be working with Reliance MediaWorks in the rapidly growing Indian market,” said Thought Equity Motion’s CEO and Founder Kevin Schaff.
“Bringing together restoration and content services with our cloud-based storage and delivery platform will help content owners increase the accessibility and value of their libraries,” he added.
- Reliance MediaWorks, Annapurna Studios join hands - Oct 20, 2011
- Reliance MediaWorks joins hands with Digital Domain Productions - Jul 12, 2011
- Reliance Mediaworks get Rs.605 crore private equity funding - Jul 18, 2012
- Reliance Mediaworks' image-processing technique bags Oscar - Jan 09, 2012
- Reliance MediaWorks ties up with Russian firm for film restoration - Dec 23, 2010
- Reliance Mediaworks' Restoration Of 1984's Khandahar premieres in Cannes Classic 2010 Cannes - May 15, 2010
- Reliance Mediaworks offers 3D conversion, 'Don 2' first project - Oct 31, 2011
- Reliance MediaWorks teams up with In-Three for 3D films - Dec 08, 2009
- With Hollywood ties, Reliance MediaWorks expands 3D capabilities - Aug 26, 2010
- Reliance MediaWorks income up 12.6 percent - May 30, 2011
- Reliance MediaWorks ups stake in Fame India to 15.77 percent - Jul 07, 2010
- Reliance MediaWorks to raise Rs.600 crore through rights issue - Jul 25, 2012
- Reliance MediaWorks in expansion mode with south India focus - Feb 01, 2012
- BIG Cinemas releases new national anthem video for Republic Day - Jan 25, 2011
- Reliance MediaWorks acquires British film processing firm - Jan 07, 2010
Tags: anil dhirubhai ambani group, chief executive officer, content owners, creative content, delivery platform, digital video library, film libraries, film studios, hannafin, licensing service, monetization, motion inc, senior vice president business, smart content, sports bodies, stock footage, vice president business, vice president business development, video management, video platform