Reliance Broadcast to launch a TV channelMarch 28th, 2011 - 7:18 pm ICT by IANS
Mumbai, March 28 (IANS) Marking its entry into the regional entertainment space, Reliance Broadcast Network Limited (RBNL) will launch a new channel titled Big Magic for the Hindi heartland April 4, a company official said here Monday.
Positioned as India’s only channel exclusively for the core Hindi heartland (Uttar Pradesh, Madhya Pradesh and Bihar), featuring locally relevant entertainment around humour, music and Bollywood, Big Magic will leverage popularity of its well-established radio brand 92.7 Big FM.
“The Hindi heartland represents 30 percent of India’s population and by far the most attractive and lucrative market for advertisers. This underserviced market offers an excellent opportunity to offer audiences entertainment that is tailored to meet their preferences,” said Tarun Katial, chief executive officer of RBNL.
“Big Magic will quickly build a strong platform on the back of an excellent programming mix and leveraging our Big FM’s brand lineage to help fortify its position rapidly,” he added.
Big Magic will be distributed across all cable operators across the states of Uttar Pradesh, Madhya Pradesh and Bihar.
The channel will be placed on S-band, ensuring it is among the first 30 channels on the television sets.
- Reliance Broadcast Network partners US Lucha Libre - Nov 21, 2011
- Reliance Broadcast to sell all ADAG media services - Aug 30, 2010
- Now comes Thrill channel, thanks to BIG RTL - Apr 30, 2012
- Reliance Broadcast to focus on radio, TV to spur growth - Jun 29, 2011
- Reliance Broadcast Network to acquire Imagine Showbiz - Jan 12, 2011
- Reliance's BIG FM to be first Indian radio channel in Bhutan - Feb 18, 2011
- Reliance Broadcast shareholders give nod for fund raising - Sep 27, 2010
- Reliance Broadcast signs pact with European firm for TV channels - May 30, 2011
- Reliance Broadcast Network quarterly revenue rises 55 percent - Aug 16, 2011
- Reliance Broadcast Network soars on fund raising plans - Sep 02, 2010
- Reliance Broadcast forms joint venture with CBS (Lead) - Aug 18, 2010
- Big Digital launches talk Internet radio - Nov 10, 2010
- 92.7 BIG FM Delhi Speaks Fashion, Partners With Pearls Delhi Couture Week - Jul 23, 2010
- Reliance Broadcast forms joint venture with CBS - Aug 18, 2010
- Reliance Broadcast plans 50 patented shows over 24 months - Oct 17, 2010
Tags: advertisers, april 4, audiences, bihar, broadcast network, cable operators, chief executive officer, entertainment space, hindi heartland, humour, lineage, lucrative market, madhya pradesh, magic, popularity, programming mix, regional entertainment, relevant entertainment, reliance, tv channel