Reliance Broadcast Network to acquire Imagine ShowbizJanuary 12th, 2011 - 9:18 pm ICT by IANS
Mumbai, Jan 12 (IANS) Reliance Broadcast Network Limited (RBNL), part of the Anil Dhirubhai Ambani Group (ADAG), Wednesday said it was going to acquire music channel Imagine Showbiz Ltd. to expand its reach in the media business.”This proposed acquisition is in line with the overall strategy to create ownership of multi-media consumer touch-points,” RBNL chief executive Tarun Katial said.
According to Katial, the proposed acquisition will include 100 percent purchase of Imagine Showbiz’s shareholding, thus giving RBNL complete control of intellectual property rights of media content and high-end technical expertise with wide distribution network.
“It (acquisition) will further strengthen our television portfolio from the English space into Hindi entertainment space,” Katial said.
The company said that the decision for the proposed acquisition was based on the opportunity of various synergies between the two companies across various verticals like radio, entertainment content.
Imagine Showbiz is a 24-hour Bollywood music channel which provides its viewers with a wide variety of songs from its vast music library.
- Reliance Broadcast Network Limited: Ready To Acquire Imagine Showbiz - Jan 13, 2011
- Reliance Broadcast to focus on radio, TV to spur growth - Jun 29, 2011
- Reliance Broadcast signs pact with European firm for TV channels - May 30, 2011
- Reliance Broadcast to sell all ADAG media services - Aug 30, 2010
- Reliance Broadcast shareholders give nod for fund raising - Sep 27, 2010
- Reliance Broadcast to launch a TV channel - Mar 28, 2011
- Reliance Broadcast Network soars on fund raising plans - Sep 02, 2010
- Reliance Broadcast Network quarterly revenue rises 55 percent - Aug 16, 2011
- Now comes Thrill channel, thanks to BIG RTL - Apr 30, 2012
- BIG CBS acquires movies from Sony Pictures Television - Nov 15, 2010
- Reliance Broadcast forms joint venture with CBS (Lead) - Aug 18, 2010
- Digital media firm Trivone picks up two more portals - May 15, 2012
- Reliance Industries to invest in Network 18, TV18 - Jan 03, 2012
- Reliance launches three new English entertainment channels - Aug 21, 2010
- The next BIG thing in Indian Television - Aug 19, 2010
Tags: anil dhirubhai ambani group, broadcast network, complete control, distribution network, entertainment space, intellectual property rights, media business, multi media, mumbai, music channel, music library, overall strategy, radio entertainment, reliance, shareholding, showbiz ltd, synergies, technical expertise, vast music, verticals