Reliance BIG Music ties up with ParamountSeptember 27th, 2008 - 5:48 pm ICT by IANS
Mumbai, Sep 27 (IANS) BIG Music & Home Entertainment (BMHE), part of the Reliance-Anil Dhirubhai Ambani Group, has entered into a licensing agreement with Paramount Home Entertainment of HOllywood, the company announced Saturday. The deal provides BIG Music the exclusive distribution rights for Paramount home video productions in India and Sri Lanka.
Paramount home video library includes productions of DreamWorks Animation SKG, DreamWorks Pictures, Paramount Pictures, Paramount Vintage, MTV Films and Nickelodeon Movies.
The library contains movies ranging from classics like “The Godfather” series, “The Ten Commandments” and “Roman Holiday” to contemporary blockbusters like “The Mission Impossible” series and “Transformers”.
BIG Music had earlier signed similar agreements with Warner Home Video and Universal Pictures to market and distribute their products in India and Sri Lanka exclusively.
BIG Music chief executive Kulmeet Makkar and Paramount Home Asia Pacific regional director Zubair Hassan hailed the cooperation, saying it would work in favour of both the companies.
- BIG Home Video to market Warner catalogues in India - Jul 30, 2008
- DreamWorks Animation in five-year deal with 20th Century Fox - Aug 21, 2012
- Hollywood, Bollywood sign cooperation pact - Nov 11, 2010
- Indo-Americans laud historic signing of Hollywood-Bollywood 'cooperation pact' - Nov 13, 2010
- Viacom18 to distribute Paramount movies in India - May 18, 2011
- BIG Home Video releases DVD of latest Indiana Jones movie - Nov 15, 2008
- DreamWorks China venture to produce first animation film - Mar 20, 2012
- Disney Acquires Distribution Rights For 'Avengers' And 'Iron Man 3' - Oct 20, 2010
- "Avatar" and "The Hurt Locker" lead 82nd Academy Awards nominations - Feb 03, 2010
- Reliance BIG Entertainment, Brad Pitt acquire 'The Imperfectionists' (Lead) - Jun 17, 2010
- Hollywood tie-ups galore for Bollywood in 2008 (Yearender 17) - Dec 29, 2008
- Reliance Big in venture for acclaimed global scriptwriters (Lead) - Dec 14, 2010
- DreamWorks: How to Train a Corporate Dragon - Feb 24, 2010
- Anil Ambani Group in new venture for acclaimed global scriptwriters - Dec 14, 2010
- Anil Ambani, Spielberg announce $825 mn funding for Dreamworks - Jul 15, 2009
Tags: dreamworks animation, dreamworks pictures, godfather series, home video library, impossible series, music ties, paramount home entertainment, paramount pictures, reliance anil dhirubhai ambani group, warner home video