Release date for new X Files movie setNovember 14th, 2007 - 8:17 am ICT by admin
Reprising their roles as Fox Mulder and Dana Scully will be David Duchovny, 47, and Gillian Anderson, 39, with X Files creator Chris Carter is writing and directing the pic.
It has also been announced that production on the as-yet untitled movie follow-up would kick off Dec. 10 in Vancouver.
Fox also noted that the new pic would act as a stand-alone story, reports E!Online.
Trade magazine Variety had earlier reported that the movie would move the complicated relationship between Mulder and Scully in a new direction.
The TV series ran for nine years from 1993 and led to a film in 1998, The X Files, which took 187 million dollars (
- David Duchovny wants to reprise his 'X-Files' role - Jan 11, 2011
- Gillian Anderson confirms she'll appear in 'X-Files' movie 3 - Aug 24, 2009
- Movie 'The X Files' to hit Indian screens Sep 26 - Sep 17, 2008
- Sigourney Weaver's 'Alien' role voted top Sci-Fi Woman of all Time - Jun 05, 2009
- Peet, Connolly, Xzibit join X-Files movie cast - Dec 07, 2007
- Anderson, Duchovny top favourite partnership poll - Aug 04, 2008
- Gillian Anderson nearly lost her X-Files job after getting pregnant - May 04, 2009
- 'The X-Files' - a treat for thriller fans (English Film Review) - Sep 28, 2008
- 'X-Files' writers believe in aliens - Aug 02, 2008
- David Duchovny Participates In "Extreme Makeover: Home Edition" - Nov 16, 2009
- Pammie was first choice for X-Files lead role! - Jul 24, 2008
- X-Files star Gillian Anderson lined up for Doctor Who - Apr 23, 2009
- Gillian Anderson may snub X Files film sequel - Jun 08, 2009
- Gillian Anderson, David Duchovny want X-Files love scene axed - Dec 17, 2007
- Sarandon's daughter strips for TV role - Sep 18, 2009
Tags: also noted that, creator chris carter, dana scully, david duchovny, fox mulder, gillian anderson, million dollars, mulder and scully, new direction, new pic, nine years, release date, story reports, tv series, vancouver, writing and directing, x files