Relative indicted in killing of Jennifer Hudson’s familyDecember 31st, 2008 - 10:48 am ICT by IANS
New York, Dec 31 (DPA) Two months after three of Jennifer Hudson’s family members were murdered, her brother-in-law was indicted in the case, the Chicago Tribune has reported.William Balfour, who was the estranged husband of Hudson’s older sister Julia, is charged with killing the Oscar winning actress’ mother, brother and seven-year-old nephew Julian.
The state’s attorney said the 27-year-old man killed the family members because he believed his wife had a new boyfriend.
Hudson’s 57-year-old mother, Darnell, and 29-year-old brother, Jason, were found shot dead in their house Oct 24. Julian, Julia’s son by a previous relationship, was found three days later in an abandoned car with a bullet wound to the head.
Balfour was arrested shortly after the murder and has been the main suspect since early December.
Jennifer Hudson, who was discovered on talent programme American Idol, won an Oscar for best supporting actress in the musical “Dreamgirls” and recently released her debut album.
- Hudson's brother-in-law guilty for murder - May 12, 2012
- Hudson forgives family's killer - Sep 12, 2012
- Hudson to host charity dinner for late nephew - Jun 06, 2012
- Jennifer Hudson holds event to remember nephew - Dec 24, 2010
- Jennifer Hudson plans to sell family murder house - Dec 24, 2009
- Jennifer Hudson to open up about family tragedy - Jun 29, 2010
- Hudson murder suspect granted permission to move jails - Jan 29, 2009
- Music is my therapy: Jennifer Hudson - Mar 26, 2011
- Jennifer Hudson ready to forgive family murderer - May 16, 2009
- Police find boy's body in Hudson triple murder case - Oct 28, 2008
- Police searching for actress Jennifer Hudson's nephew in murder case - Oct 26, 2008
- Hudson returns to work after family tragedy - Dec 10, 2008
- Cops have just three days left to charge Hudsons murder suspect - Nov 08, 2008
- Hudson offers reward for information on missing nephew - Oct 27, 2008
- Jennifer Hudsons mother, brother found murdered in their Chicago home - Oct 25, 2008