Rehab was the darkest time of my life: Demi LovatoMarch 8th, 2011 - 3:07 pm ICT by ANI
London, Mar 8 (ANI): Disney Star Demi Lovato has reached out to fans to talk about “the darkest time” of her life in a new online video.
The 18-year-old filmed a personal message to her fans over the weekend thanking them for all their support and assuring them she would soon be returning to work, reports the Daily Mail.
Demi said she hoped to “one day raise awareness’ to help other sufferers.
“The journey that I have been on had been very, very difficult over the past few months,” she said.
“I was dealing with issues that I know not only girls just my age but of all ages are dealing with.
She added: “People that are probably watching this video right now are dealing with the issues that I had to and I hope to one day raise awareness of everything.”
In her video she thanked her fans for supporting her with tweets, letters and good wishes and told them: “I can’t tell you how much light you guys brought into my life in probably the darkest time of my life. Without you guys, I wouldn’t be here today.”
Demi checked herself into rehab in mid-October for “emotional and physical issues” after a fight with a dancer, Alex Welch, on the Jonas Brothers World Tour, in which she was the support act. (ANI)
- Lovato thanks fans for supporting her in darkest time - Mar 08, 2011
- Lovato excited to return to work after rehab stint - Mar 23, 2011
- Post rehab, Lovato still self-harms - Mar 08, 2012
- Demi Lovato Thanks Her Fans For Their Love And Support - Jan 11, 2011
- Demi Lovato overwhelmed by fan support - Jul 13, 2011
- Demi Lovato saved by rehab - Nov 26, 2011
- Demi Lovato's Parents Thanks Her Fans, Blames Work Pressure For Her Rehab - Nov 04, 2010
- No rivalry with Lovato: Jonas - Aug 17, 2012
- Demi Lovato thanks fans for 'supporting' her - Jan 11, 2011
- Demi Lovato caught kissing Wilmer Valderrama - Nov 04, 2011
- Demi Lovato Leaves A Mark On Alex Welch: Photos Revealed - Dec 05, 2010
- Lovato, Valderrama part ways - Jun 14, 2011
- "Camp Rock" Star Demi Lovato Enters Rehab To Seek Medical Treatment - Nov 03, 2010
- Lovato - a role model! - Aug 17, 2011
- Lovato unhappy with tattoos - Sep 07, 2012